Why I Do Not Use AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

z8c5

Why I Do Not Use AIM+

Post by z8c5 »

After only being online 2 days and 12 hours...aim is using his much vm

Incase the picture didnt work... 1,055,204 K.....next being explorer.exe with only 40,516 K

Another reason why I think developers of AIM+ should simply make it compatible with 5.0+, and leave it alone 8)
z8c5

There It Is

Post by z8c5 »

There it is :lol: 8)
Attachments
crazy.jpg
crazy.jpg (87.57 KiB) Viewed 6041 times
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

That's odd that AIM+ would be using more than 2,000 K of memory (which mine is currently using).

Are you sure it's AIM+ and not AIM? Are you using the latest version of AIM+, 2.2.1? Some of the older versions did experience memory leaks that were subsequently plugged in later versions.
Last edited by Big-O Mark on Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I don't have any problems like that.

Currently, AIM+ is using 52k RAM and 2,642k VM. AIM is using 16,836k RAM and 14,212k VM. I've been online for almost three days.

As far as programming goes, I doubt that's a problem in AIM+'s coding. It's probably just Windows. We all know just how ineffecient WinXP is with memory.. :roll:

EDIT: How many resources are AIM+ using? I don't see it in your window. :wink:
z8c5

Post by z8c5 »

No...It isn't AIM+..its AIM...everytime i've used 4.8...its done that..which is why i can't use aim+ ( which i'd like to ), I thought everyone had the little memory leak probably with 4.8... :roll: ..maybe its just me that always has it :evil:

Oh..and yes i have the latest version of AIM+..had rather :roll: ...back to DeadAIM *sigh*...lol
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Yeah, I remember that bug. It's silly AIM 4.8 in Windows XP and 2000. Even though it was using all that virtual memory and more, I just let it run wild and it never really dragged my computer down too much. A quick close always fixed the memory leak until you signed back on and left it there for awhile.
-Mark
Big-O Software
z8c5

Post by z8c5 »

Yeah..it didnt slow my computer down any..just aim froze up everytime i IMed anyone..and it started doing that after being online..probably 15+ hours...so i was just like screw it lol..the only thing i like about deadaim is the tabbed windows...they're quite useful..other than that..i'd much rather be using AIM+ :wink:
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

yeah i see the VM problem as well and i have AIM 5.2.3074 & XP...it seems to happen after beign online for at least a day...sometimes it doesnt get racked up until 3 days...sometimes it never goes above 20megs VM...i also see this on my friend's computer with 4.8.2790 & XP...one time i saw his VM was up to 7xmegs...i was like "WTF?!?!"

i dont see how this could be tied into AIM+ though...both my friend and i use AIM+ but i really dont see any reason why AIM+ would make AIM use lotsa VM...guess i havent learned somethin yet :/ maybe master jedi can enlighten me? :D
z8c5

Post by z8c5 »

LoL...it isn't AIM+...it's all AIM..and windows i would assume. the whole "why i dont use aim+" is b/c...you have to use 4.8 to use AIM+...or you could get it half-used with 5.0 which in my opinion sucks :wink: but its still a good program, minus aim :cheesy:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Since this is the thread to ask. When I am running AIM+ is there another task running in my ctrll alt Del box?
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

You should have AIM+.exe and AIM.exe running.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

He was saying that he WONT use AIM+ because AIM 4.8 has a problem that isnt present in AIM 5.
z8c5

Post by z8c5 »

Correct. :)
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I don't believe that problem is present in AIM 4.7. AIM+ 2.2.1 should work just fine with AIM 4.7
z8c5

Post by z8c5 »

I'll be sure to check it out