AIM 5.2.3277 Beta Build Released

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

AIM 5.2.3277 Beta Build Released

Post by BigHead »

Aim 5.2.3277 was releasesd Monday put doesn't have any new features maybe a few bug fixes
BigHead
~2592~
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Maybe... It would be nice if they fixed the bugs they created that have no logical reason for existing at this point...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

I can't wait for aim version 6.0
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

still has some bugs the only bug i see fixed is when u view someones profile it doesnt go from white to the color it should be....the away message window always goes to the left and when u edit your profile it changes the font to black and times new roman
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I wouldn't call changing the font an error. Once you have a profile, theres no way to delete all the HTML from your info using the profile editor. Residue code can build up and waste profile space. If it clears the residue HTML I would call it a bugfix/workaround.
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

There is something new besides bug fixes.
Send IMs to Mobile Phones (Updated!)
They Updated The Moblie Feature!
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

Master Jedi wrote:I wouldn't call changing the font an error. Once you have a profile, theres no way to delete all the HTML from your info using the profile editor. Residue code can build up and waste profile space. If it clears the residue HTML I would call it a bugfix/workaround.
yes but u can't edit your profile correctly...it puts it right back to default except for size/bold/italic
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

[edit]
nevermind, new new beta that came out 2day fixed this
[/edit]
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

I checked aim.com again today and now the "final release" is 5.2.3277 i guess? There isn't a final AND beta page anymore, just the one "final" page which I guess this latest version has turned into. That'll be nice at least now, cause lots of my friends will get a "new" version from the final page when I'm over at the beta page getting the latest.

Anyways, I tried to post this yesterday but the forums were acting up so I gave up for the day. I got this cute error message when AIM crashed after being online my second time for about 20 minutes im guessing?...

woohoo! go AIM!
BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by BigHead »

I got the same error
BigHead
~2592~
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Yes I have recieved that error about 5 times so far. It doesn't seem to have any pattern to it though. It doesn't happen to me after a certain time, etc. It does always happen when I am talking to someone though... which is annoying becuase I have to restart aim. Oh well, it hasn't happend in a while so I guess I can wait till they fix it.
:D
Matt

Post by Matt »

It annoyed the crap out of me so I just reverted back to the latest stable....
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

I guess I wont be upgrading this time. Everyone should get on www.bitwisechat.com BWC is better and more stable the AIM. Plus it's only about 600mbs
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

u ppl r weird. i have 5.2.3277 for a few days (w/ the patch) and i never seen that msg b4. i left aim running for days and its very stable. right now ive been on for 5 hrs and takes around 23 megs (wtf!?). well, the memory is the only odd thing bout it but i got 2 gigs so no worries. only reason i keep gettin off is cuz my gay isp keeps droppin me at nite
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

;) I just sent a fresh error report that Microsoft didn't have on file yet apparently...hooray for me and AIM!!