where did it go?????????

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Okay maybe we can stay on track... As Walker told you (and I lead into) it's because you used Trillian. I think the more importent question is why that group is no longer there, because it would only be removed by you (or someone with your password).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
clownfaceman

Post by clownfaceman »

dude, just go away, no one has my password, i dont even use the same one from when i was on trillian, please just go away unless you can help

this is to---->Walker
Last edited by clownfaceman on Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clownfaceman

Post by clownfaceman »

okay, its really strange cause it just poped up one day as a new group that was called merged contacts, and what it did was show me my buddies buddies, it was really handy, but all of a sudden it just dissapeared just like it came, honest
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

clownfaceman wrote:dude, just go away, no one has my password, i dont even use the same one from when i was on trillian, please just go away unless you can help

this is to---->Walker
Sorry About That, Somehow It posted Twice... I Will Not Go Away, I Live Here. ;) LOL AND It Does Not Show Your Buddy's Buddys it shows you the people from one s/n of yours to the others. Say I Have 2 s/ns I Logged onto Trillian.
One is Walker2130 and the other is KW4LK3R. Say I Have PhaseDMA on Walker2130 and Not KW4LK3R and i logged on one then the other, or both at the same time. It Would Make a Group Called Merged Contacts, and Place PhaseDMA in it. Get it Now?
clownfaceman

Post by clownfaceman »

well that does make sense, but i could have swore the thing i had showed me my buddies buddies, i could be wrong though, u guess, ill just take your word for it and leave it at that
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Maybe this will convince you... Maybe not... Really donesn't matter but here goes anyways :).

Look at it this way. Was their any SN in that group that you didn't know? If not wouldn't you think your friend had at least one SN on their BL that you don't have / don't know?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Here's some simple logic

1. Clownface=assclown
2. Clown=clown
3. Clownface/clown=assclown/clown
4. face=ass

Wow, no wonder everything clownface says is complete crap!

Scamper away now little douche.
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Axilla,

Please don't just jump into posts to instigate trouble. Walker and Clownface seemed to have "patched things up" and we don't need people coming simply to "stir things up"
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

the closest thing I can think of what Clownfast is asking about is buddyzoo but the sit will only show you the people who have you one you buddy list that you also have on yours. But it will not tell you there SN if you dont already have that sn on your list. And I hope that AIM never has this feature possible because of the fact that I have a sn that no one knows about and I intend to keep it that way
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

It Is Because He Used Trillian, because I use Trillian Pro, and that happens to me all the time. But The Only Way it Would Have disappeared is by someone removing it. So, I also suggest you change your password.
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

I know my mom used to use Trillian and had a lot of risidual "wierdness" after she uninstalled it that she has always attributed to using Trillian. My mom is very tech-saavy so she tends to know what she's talking about. I just don't trust Trillian in the way they do things that uninstalling it truely gets rid of it. It is possible that this group that keeps coming and going is just a risidual piece of crap left behind by Trillian and nobody has his password (as he keeps stating).

Now I wonder if had another PC somewhere that is still using Trillian that is set up to automatically log him in. That computer is getting turned on by someone else and then turned off and that is what is causing the group to appear and then disappear (I don't know if logging into AIM on one computer and Trillian on another would cause the first one to get booted like when logging in on two different AIMs)
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

Yea, But The Only Way To Get Rid of Merged Contacts, is ti delete it manually. Someone you know, or someone u dont know may have your password. There are very simple ways to get it. Intercepting and e-mail, using a password cracker, etc. it isnt very hard, but as i said before, i highly suggest you change your password.
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

So, just for my own edification, if he changes his password, not only will you know 100% that someone doesn't have your password, but if the group keeps coming & going then it is something else causing the problem not some deviant on the net :)
Ray

—Gordon B. Hinckley
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

Thanks For That Enlightenment :). If It Keeps Coming Bac, Which I doubt, because I used Trillian and i dont anymore, and once i deleted it it never came back, but if it does.... Simply Delete It Again and Tell Me I was Wrong. :D
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

KWalker,

I wasn't trying to be enlightening. I think I was just trying to clarify what you were trying to state without sounding condescending :)
Ray

—Gordon B. Hinckley