Enter the path to your aim executable? someone please help

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

fishheadzxtreme
Just Registered
Just Registered

Enter the path to your aim executable? someone please help

Post by fishheadzxtreme »

this was my first time using aim+, and wen i opened it i got all these AIM+Preferences, i set all them and hit ok.
Then i get a little popup that says 'Enter the path to your aim executable'
Wat is my AIM executable path
Wat do i do
Someone please help me and if u cud explain it to me like i was an idiot id appreciate it
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

The Path is Most Likley "C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe" It is the Path to AIM, Simply Put
itsDAhAgAo

Post by itsDAhAgAo »

Walker wrote:The Path is Most Likley "C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe"
I think since AIM v.5.2.3290 (or could be before that), the directory that AIM installs to was "C:\Program Files\AIM". So the path could also be "C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe".
Last edited by itsDAhAgAo on Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
in bob we trust
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Nope... It's aim95... I believe it used to mean (Windows) 95...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
itsDAhAgAo

Post by itsDAhAgAo »

I don't know then, for me AIM installs into "c:\program files\aim". But then, it only happened to me when I fully uninstalled an older version of AIM and installed 5.2.3290 and .3292.
in bob we trust
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

...Their is nothing stopping you from changing the install path...

I'm sure that's the "issue" (If it can be called a issue).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

it probably installs in aim instead of aim95...this happens to me sometimes to when i already have the aim95 folder on my computer
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Brittski8
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Brittski8 »

MINE STILL ISNT WORKING!!!!! I typed in C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe just like it said and it still goes, Enter the path to ur aim executable. I also tried un-installing then re-installing AIM+. and i can't run regualar AIM bc I don't have it anymore. This all happened when I went to sign on AIM+ and it asked me if I wanted an updated version, so I said yes. Then I got on, and DeadAim wasn't working....so I ran that.....then I got this popup all the time: "Runtime Error! Program C:\programfiles\aim95\aim.exe. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contatct the application's support system for more information." that is when I uninstalled,then re-installed. I don't know what to do!!! Please help asap!!! thank you.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Brittski8 wrote:i can't run regualar AIM bc I don't have it anymore.
That's your problem. You need AIM. AIM+ does not replace AIM. Think of it like a WinAMP plugin--it enhances the already existing program.

Download and install AIM 4.8.2790. You can find it at http://www.aimfilez.com

...... :roll:
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

Maybe Some People Don't Understand The Concepet of An Add-On... :roll:
Brittski8
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Brittski8 »

I was just telling my mom about this when she told me she deleted regualar AIM a few months ago....so if that is true how has it been working?? anyways, I downloaded reg. AIM and when it was done, this popped up: "an installation error has been detected. Please reinstall AIM. if this problem persists, try installing AIM into an empty folder.
The build number of module: C:\program files\aim95\CoolSecNss.dll is: 1849 and the required build is: 1744."
Do you think my computer just has random annoying viruses on it? And I should take care of that b4 I go and try to un- and re-install everything? I don't understand why this is happening...I wish I understood computers! Thanx again.

...... :roll:[/quote]
Brittski8
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Brittski8 »

sorry another question......if I uninstall then reinstall all these aim clients, will all of my info be ereased? like buddy list, away messages, etc? Thanks.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

About the error: Just download AIM again. And make sure you download AIM 4.8.2790 from the aforementioned website.

As for your other question: Yes, it will all be erased UNLESS you backed it all up. In order to do that, you need to dive into the Registry, which isn't a good idea unless you know EXACTLY what you're looking for and/or doing.
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

I Would Suggest That You Uninstall Anything Having to do With AIM. Then install everything clean, and your mom couldn't have possibly deleted AIM, or AIM+ would NOT have even started, you would have gotten an error message.