AIM+ Profile Problem, Computer moron needs enlightenment!!!

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

KSO
Just Registered
Just Registered

AIM+ Profile Problem, Computer moron needs enlightenment!!!

Post by KSO »

Hi, Maybe you can help me. I clicked on a link in someone's profile and now that link keeps appearing in mine and in everyone else's who has the misfortune of clicking on it regardless of what I do. I have XP and the web address that it takes me to is talkstocks.net. I don't know much about computers but I do know that this is driving me insane :evil: Any help that you could give me I would greatly appreciate! Thanks.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

From the middle_man forums:
First, go to START, then RUN. In the box, type “regedit” and hit OK.

When the registry editor opens, you want to navigate your way to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.”

After you arrive here, look for something like “AntiVirus.” Find out what the data says. It should/will say “b.exe,” “C:/WINNT/b.exe,” “C:/Windows/b.exe,” or something to that extent. “b.exe” has been the program name found thus far, but it may vary.

Now that you have identified the file, you want to restart your computer in Safe Mode. (Computers vary in how this is done, but you can try tapping F8 after the BIOS screen disappears to do so. If you don’t know how to restart into Safe Mode, check your manual, look online, or talk to a computer-savvy friend.)

Once you have booted the computer in Safe Mode, you want to repeat the previous steps to locate “b.exe.” Delete the file.

Now, restart again, but this time in Normal Mode. Now, navigate over to “C:\Windows\b.exe” and delete the file from there.

All you have to do now is fix your profile and everything should be back to normal.

You should also see to it that you change your password, because the purpose of things like this is to be a pain and also obtain passwords. It would also be beneficial to download your latest Windows updates in order to help prevent this from happening again.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Its easier to just uninstall AIM, run http://housecall.antivirus.com/ software, and reinstall AIM
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I personal am with axillix on this one. It easier to uninstall the program then go though and delete the left behind stuff. Oh if you want to keep you away message go into the regesti and copy them the key that contains them all. After you reinstall AIM just double click on it and tell it to reinster that part of the key and volla all you away message are back
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I wouldn't know... It wouldn't even get on my computer in the first place... Even if I was stupid enough to click the link...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Fixing chicks' computers is fun. More proof that girls suck at computers, I haven't seen one male with the virus, seen like 20 girls.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

theres an errie clone of this thread....
http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewt ... highlight=
KSO
Just Registered
Just Registered

Profile Problem

Post by KSO »

Hmmm. Kinda funny that you guys think you can fix chicks computers when I ended up figuring out how to do it myself :wink: Thanks, though, for all of the attempts...but maybe a few of you should stop underestimating women (yeah I pretty much mean you Madison, WI).

PS--If anyone is still having this problem just un-installing the IM software won't work, you need to delete all files that are b.exe and your profile should belong to you again.
KSO
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Profile Problem

Post by KSO »

KSO wrote:Hmmm. Kinda funny that you guys think you can fix chicks computers when I ended up figuring out how to do it myself. So much for Manpower.... :wink: Thanks, though, for all of the attempts...but maybe a few of you should stop underestimating women (yeah I pretty much mean you Madison, WI).

PS--If anyone is still having this problem just un-installing the IM software won't work, you need to delete all files that are b.exe and your profile should belong to you again.
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

Eventually you'll learn to ignore axilla's posts like that. Most of the guys around here know that females can figure technical stuff out, but there are those few who believe all females are just ignorant in that regard. I don't know if its because they may not have met any tech savvy females who troubleshoot or build a system of their own; but its just best to let Axilla go on his little merry way, while everyone else knows that he isn't always 100% correct.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

The LGBT also calls themselves the 10% society. Does this mean all gays are part of them, that every homosexual campaigns for gay rights, gay marriages, 25% off on dildos during the holidays? No. But a lot of them do. Therefore, they take all gays, whether they want to be a part of the group or not, and call them the 10% society.

Most females are not good with computers. Most. This doesn't mean all. And this doesn't mean that women aren't intelligent. Its genetics. In general, men have been the breadwinners and women have been homemakers for hundreds and hundreds of years.

I've helped 13 girls get rid of this stupid virus. I've helped 0 guys. Does this mean that I'm friends with only smart guys and only stupid girls? No. It means that when taking a random sample, there will be more guys who are better with computers than girls.
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

And Maeg you're a stupid cunt. My statements aren't personal attacks against you. Except for that first sentence in this post.

You take offense about generalizations of women. You take offense about generalizations about a football team whose home is in your same state.

Get over yourself. Your need for attention is just plain bothersome.

I wish your father would have stopped taking pictures of you while you were sleeping and hugged you more.

LOVEMEDADDYLOVEMEDADDYLOVEMEDADDYLOVEMEDADDY
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Okay this is where even you need to draw the line. You know as well as every other person on this board that the active girls would and will defend them selfs, you also know that some non active members will.

Just lay off for once.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

First of all, I'm not taking your statements personally. Yes, I did take offense to the statement you made about Ohio State because I grew up cheering for them and still do. I also attend OSU for a while but did not stay there due to my major. When it comes to my sports teams, yes I do get a little carried away, as I'm sure you do when someone says something about your Badgers.

Second, I explained why I took offense to the one comment over at Carl's site. I explained it was do to being extremely exhausted, which you would have noticed if you would have actually read the first post. I even stated that a second time in the same thread. I understand people make generalizations like that... I make them just as much as the next person. I was just in an extremely bad mood that night and I was too tired to think straight.

Third, I wasn't saying that all of us females are intelligent, or that all guys are smart. I was explaining to someone who was relatively new to the forum (at least by their joining date) that you act however you want and pretty much not get pissed off by it. I had originally stated I wasn't going to even post in this thread to a friend who shall remain nameless because I just didn't feel like getting into any more debates. But you went and twisted what I said as a personal attack against you, which it wasn't. I was merely stating my opinion, and the whole not being right 100% of the time is true for anyone, including myself. And that was the only time I mentioned your name. Sorry if anyone took the rest of it that I was referring to Axilla, but I wasn't.

And finally, you have never talked to me outside of the few forums that we happen to be both registered at. How can you actually base a statement about me when you don't even know how I really am? I'm actually pretty easy going about that considering how often I've heard the same stuff all the time. I was actually trying to keep from starting the argument and just saying let what he says go, but when you decide to call me something like that... That's where I draw the line. You had no right to call me that at all! I'm through arguing about this... just seems that you just don't like the fact that I am willing to argue topics with you.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182