Display Bug

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

henryjb99
Just Registered
Just Registered

Display Bug

Post by henryjb99 »

I have found a display bug when using the newest AIM/AIM+ (4.8 and 2.2.1). When I am talking with my friends, I often run across the characters on the screen changing to become empty rectangles. The characters first apear as normal letters, but then they change. Usually a couple of characters in a row. This problem does not occur when using any other problems, and I do not have the problem when I am using only AOL IM.

As soon as the error occurs the first time, the AIM+ history stops recording the conversation.

Here are 3 examples of the problem.
Should say "It cam as quite a shock to me also, so I wouldn't be suprised if she were still in shock"

Should say "lost faith that our relationship was working for the best"

Should say "broke off our relationship so I could have some time to wo

I am running Windows XP, have the latest versions of AIM/AIM+ (4.8 and 2.2.1), and I am running a 2 month old Sony notebook
Last edited by henryjb99 on Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
killcrap
Addict
Addict

Post by killcrap »

can u recreate this problem?
henryjb99
Just Registered
Just Registered

I don't know

Post by henryjb99 »

I have had the problem for the past week or so, however, I do not know what I am doing to cause the problem. The conversation that the above pictures were taken from was around 150 to 200 lines long. It happens with with more than one buddy. All that I have noticed is that it has always happened when a new message appears. The previous message (the one that was on the bottom of the screen) is moved up, and that message is the one that has the error). Next time it appears, I will copy it out and find the ASCII code for it and post what these letters have been changed to.

Thanks for your help
henryjb99
Just Registered
Just Registered

Update

Post by henryjb99 »

I had the error occur again. I attempted to copy the information over to my clipboard to see what the letters were changing to. I was able to highlight the sentence and to choose copy. When I went to paste, the part pasted was ONLY the part PRIOR to the rectangles. I attempted this 3 times with the same results.

I have scanned my computer for viruses using Norton Antivirus 2002 updated yesterday. I also used the online version of Norton Antivirus just incase my virus definition files were corrupt. No viruses were on my computer.

Please help me.
Last edited by henryjb99 on Fri Jul 05, 2002 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killcrap
Addict
Addict

Post by killcrap »

are u using any IME settings? or a different language of xp?
henryjb99
Just Registered
Just Registered

Nope

Post by henryjb99 »

I am using the default language. However, the latest time it happened, I was able to copy the character and past it as a scrap file. I have uploaded the scrap file, along with a copy of the conversation as a zip file.

http://www.geocities.com/henryjb99/Scrap.zip

Thanks for your help