History Viewer and hyperlinks

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Speebs

History Viewer and hyperlinks

Post by Speebs »

First off, still an amazing program. Nice work!

I noticed last night that when I click on a link in the history viewer, it opens up inside the history viewer on top of the IM log. Quite annoying and weird, since most web pages are much larger than that little window :)

I assume this could be fixed by throwing a <BASE TARGET="_blank"> tag in the head of each log file when it's created.

Keep up the good work!
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Speebs, are you experiencing this with the latest AIM+? This problem was one that should have been fixed long ago.

And, interestingly enough, I do put a BASE TARGET tag at the top of each history file, and it seems to work for me and Mookie.

Any more feedback, info, or ideas would be great though, you could drop the logfile that's not working into notepad, it should have a BASE TARGET tag at the top, after a comment tag.

Is anybody else having/not having this problem?
-Ryan
Big-O Software
B|ackWo|f

Post by B|ackWo|f »

I just tried it out and I'm not having the problem here. Maybe check to see that you have IE(or whatever you use) set as your default browser? I dunno if that would do it, but it's just an idea...
Speebs

Post by Speebs »

Interesting.... Up until 5 minutes ago I had been using AIM+ v2.0, so that wasn't the problem. The log file was created with 2.0, and it consisted of ONLY a hypertext link and my away message (our only interaction that day). What's weird is that I opened that one up in notepad, and there was no <BASE> tag in there. It seems that almost every (I didn't have time to check every single one) file that is smaller than 500 bytes does NOT include the <BASE> tag. Everything else seems to have it, though.

Most of these logs were created by AIM+ v1.0, but a number of them were made this week by v2.0. I switch between Win2kPro and WinXP.

Hope this helps... it seems kind of random. Is there any other info I can give you?
Speebs

Post by Speebs »

Ok, I just checked again and it seems unrelated to file size (thought that would have been too weird). The BASE tag just doesn't seem to make it into some of the HTML sections in each of the files.

Hope that helped some...
elitemrp

Has this been fixed?

Post by elitemrp »

I noticed the last post was in March, it is now June 8, and I am using AIM+ 2.2 build 63 and I am experiencing this problem. Some logs cause the links to open in IE, but others load the page in the history viewer.

I have 2 logs, one loads links in IE, the other loads in the history viewer, I viewed the source to each and they both have the base target tag.
nmrim
Addict
Addict

Post by nmrim »

everything seems to be working fine for me so..here's my $.02...not sure it's worth that much..some pages are set up to open in a new window..some aren't..just a thought..
jen

wish i could claim it but my soul is not that beautiful... www.normalform.com