On return from Away, weird drop down dialog on all IMs

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

On return from Away, weird drop down dialog on all IMs

Post by Guest »

Using AIM 4.7 and AIM+ and WinXP, when I return from being away and check my IMs that people have sent me, I see a dropdown dialogue with screennames whom I guess I have typed in to send an Instant message at one point or another on the tops of the IM boxes when I click on the person's name. I know it is rather confusing to understand what I am saying without actually seeing it. I would be happy to explain further, unless someone can follow along. Anyway, great program! :)

Anyone out there?

Post by Guest »

I was just wondering if this was reproduced or just ignored?
Thanks.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I tried hard to understand what you were saying, as did Mark, but I really don't have a clue what you were referring to?

If you could please try to describe it again, or post a screenshot, maybe it will help me know what you're talking about.
-Ryan
Big-O Software

Screenshot of the error

Post by Guest »

While trying to force the "error" to happen again, I couldn't get it to, but it finally happened again, so I took a screenshot. It is quite peculiar because I just went back to the IM box where it happened and the dialog box no longer appears. Well, I hope this screenshot clears up things, whether or not you can get this to happen, I am not sure. The list of screennames in the dialog box seem to be ones whom I have sent instant messages to by typing their name in a new box. I am not sure though.

Andrew
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I see in the picture that you have "Hide windows while I'm Away" checked on your away message box, yet there is a chat window open. That shouldn't happen.

Also, you could try upgrading to the newest AIM beta. That may eliminate the weird dropdown menu.
-Mark
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

Yeah, when I came back to my computer, I double clicked the person who IMed me and the IM box comes up, even though I have not clicked "I'm back."
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

That's weird, I can't get an IM window to pop up while away unless I click "I'm back" or uncheck the "Hide windows while I'm Away" option. I tried double clicking a buddy who messaged me while away, but nothing happened.

Perhaps this situation is related to the dropdown menu?
-Mark
Big-O Software

New AIM beta

Post by Guest »

When I did use the AIM beta, I got the "clone" bug so I went back to 4.7. A stupid dropdown is nothing compared to the "clone" bug.

yeah...

Post by Guest »

I know what you mean about double clicking, it usually does nothing for me. I right now don't remember how I got to see the person's IM and it couldn't have been through clicking on I'm back because the away window was still there, so I must have double clicked. It is probably the cause of the dropdown box, but its a bit strange.

One more time

Post by Guest »

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I have duplicated it and its when I double click on someone's screenname on my away list. Don't know if this is an AIM error or an AIM+ thing though.

CONCLUSION

Post by Guest »

Last one on this, it's an AIM 4.7 thing at least, NOT AIM+! I got the same thing when I signed on with only AIM. It has nothing to do with your program! One less bug to catch!

Andrew
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I'm glad this was finally settled :). And it turns out to be another silly AIM bug!
-Mark
Big-O Software