AIM Randomly uses 100% of CPU Time

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

pessimist

Post by pessimist »

i also experience this. AIM 4.7.2480, AIM+ 2.2.1 (build 65)

win2k pro, pIII 700, 512megs ram, transparency is off. logging is on. i've got the banner turned off and the button bar on the bottom turned off. everything else is whatever the default values are.

it will randomly use 90-100% of my processor for maybe a minute to two minutes, then back to normal. i've experienced this 3 times ever. i'm on a permanent connection and always have aim+ running, and i reboot every 3 weeks or so.

i'm 100% sure i don't have a virus.
DanMan2003

Post by DanMan2003 »

I'm using aim 5 and the newest version of aim+. I have xp home, and 2.26, pentium 4 proccessor. This problem never happens to me! I don't really think it's XP.
BLind
Just Registered
Just Registered

same 100% CPU usage as well.

Post by BLind »

When i use AIM+ (or anytime AIM+ is in the taskbar) everytime i listen to music, watch videos, or play internet games, it locks up my computer and i have to unplug it, it freezes the power button as well. at first i wasnt 2 sure if that was the case but i tried it without AIM+ and my computer worked fluently. i have not uninstalled this program simply because i like it so much, although the repeated hangs and freezes is really a kick in the face.
I HATE SPYWARE.
Matt

Post by Matt »

mine sometimes does this...i have xp home. it could be the way that aim+ and aim 4.8 are interacting that is causing this.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
BLind
Just Registered
Just Registered

My INFO

Post by BLind »

1) how long does it use 100% of your CPU after it starts? forever? just a few seconds, several minutes? I
----- It completley freezes, keyboard lock up, mouse lock up.

2) what are you AIM+ settings? (especially the following: do you have logging turned on, transparency turned on, FadeDown turned on, Solid on Top turned on?)
----- logging is on, transparency off, fadedown off, solid is off.

3) What OS are you running, and what version of AIM?
----- Im using winME and im using a Voodoo 5, 966 Mgz, and 192 RAM.

VERSION 4.2 (never had problems beforew/ this version before)

is there anything i can do or am i screwed?
ecstasis0
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by ecstasis0 »

the problem is not xp because i use xp with transparency, logging and fade down on..my friend who uses windows ME has this problem with only logging on..if there is any information on this topic please reply