Transparency freezes on windows 2000 / windows xp machines

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

frOwy_bOy

Transparency freezes on windows 2000 / windows xp machines

Post by frOwy_bOy »

On systems equipped with windows 2000 or windows xp .. checking the box on transparency will lock up the system resulting in a black screen. It has happened on 3 computers that I tested AIM+ on.
frOwy_bOy

i run aim .. version 4.7.2480

Post by frOwy_bOy »

system: p4 1.5 ghz
memory: 256mb ddr pc2400
o/s: windows 2000 with service pack 2 and all critical updates
aim version: 4.7.2480
aim+ version: 2.1.1 (build 59)
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Fascinating that you got this to happen on 3 machines.. Any other ideas you have as to why this might behappening to you and not other people? Anything else these machines might have in common that is causing this? (I'm eager to get this working for you..)

Transparency settings are only available on Windows2000 or Windows XP, and many people use the transparency options without problems, let alone crashing the entire machine!

Has anybody else experienced a similar problem?
-Ryan
Big-O Software
frOwy_bOy

on my windows 2000 system i figured out the problem ..

Post by frOwy_bOy »

running skinning programs such as windowblinds will cause your system to lock up. i still have to see why the windows xp have problems. thank you for your support. i appreciate it. =)
B|ackWo|f

Post by B|ackWo|f »

Maybe you could list your video card and what drivers you were using. I would assume that to be the problem as this is the first post I've seen where someone was having lockup issues with the transparency setting(forgive me if I missed one ;)).

Perhaps you could try a different set of video card drivers and see if that solves your problem.
Do you think college kids in Japan get English words tattooed all over themselves?
rottensnakeguy

xp fading

Post by rottensnakeguy »

i've got xp home and fading works good unless you have 2 aim windows on top of each other faded , that seemed to slow down my whole computer big time