the new subprofiles in AIM Today window

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

frOwy_bOy

the new subprofiles in AIM Today window

Post by frOwy_bOy »

the new subprofiles run in the aim today window. it can view pictures, music, counter, and everything else a webpage can do. but it loads in aim today window. AIM+ has a feature to stop aim+ from loading at connect, but it also won't load aim today links after. just wanted to let you guys know. =D
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I wasn't aware subprofiles were doing this now - I knew it was just a matter of time, though.. :)

You can turn on the "Allow AIM Today" window, if you want to view these, for now. (and remember, AIM has its own option to disable the AIM Today window's popup-at-signon)

I find it interesting that subprofiles are using the AIM Today window. It seems to defeat the entire point of subprofiles - I thought what made them "neat" was that they were still in the AIM Profile window? If you're opening a separate window to see the profile, why not just a regular browser window?

Seriously.. I'm curious.. any subprofile users?
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Speebs

Post by Speebs »

I'm curious as to why AIM+ needs a "disable AIM Today window" function at all if it's a regular AIM setting...? I always just disabled it in AIM preferences and it never bothered me.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

We added the disable AIM Today option to AIM+ because so many people asked for it! They probably weren't aware that it could be done from the AIM preferences menu, however we still felt it would be easier and faster for people to find by adding a second option to disable AIM Today into AIM+ ... people were obviously a little confused and we just wanted to make it a little easier for them.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I was against adding the "disable AIM Today" feature for a long time. People kept asking for it - smart people, that I work with, developers! So, that's half the reason I added it.

The other half is simply that most people don't want to see the AIM Today window, the "Show AIM Today" setting in AIM (like all AIM settings), is a per-user preference. And with this option in AIM+, if you install AIM+ on a computer, you never have to worry about the AIM Today window again. If you create a new SN for yourself, if your friend signs on at your computer - nobody has to worry about turning that thing off.

So, yeah - it's a bit stilly to have duplicated an option that's already in AIM, but those are the reasons..
-Ryan
Big-O Software