Installer CRC Invalid

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

peanut (guest)

Installer CRC Invalid

Post by peanut (guest) »

When I tried opening up the AIM+ setup an error pops up with "Installer CRC Invalid". I deleted the installer and tried re-downloading it but it just keeps comming up with the same error. If you need to know, I'm running windows 98 and AIM version 4.7...if that has anything to do with it which I doubt. I would really appretiate it if you guys would help me out..or even if you can't at least acknowledge me here! Thanks.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I'm sorry about the lack of response to your previous posts. We did not know what was causing your problem, and were looking into it. And it seems that either 1 or 2 of your previous posts were lost, either by us accidentally deleting it, or the forum software misbehaving, I don't know which.

Anyway, I think I might have a solution to your problem.. what browser are you using (to download AIM+)? If you have a different browser installed, try downloading it with the other browser, and seeing if that works. If the problem is browser related, though, please let me know - I would like to get it fixed, in case anybody else is having the same problem.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Ryan, I think I have a good solution to this problem:

We need to start packaging AIM+ with a .SFV, to ensure that 100% of the file was downloaded without errors :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Haha, excellent. :)

This exact functionality is built into the installer, hence the error message..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
peanut (guest)

Post by peanut (guest) »

Hey guys. Thanks for replying. Also thanks for being so patient with me. To answer your question I am using IE 5.5. I also have Earthlink 5.0. Both have the same results when trying to install. Another thing is, I have been having problems with the browsers latley, illegal operations and whatnot. That might have something to do with it? I'm not exactly that great in the technical stuff when it comes to computers, more of the graphics type person. BUT anyways, I hope maybe you guys can help. Thanks again!
thea
peanut (guest)

Post by peanut (guest) »

Just wanted to let everyone know that my problem with the installer wasn't anything to do with AIM+. I found out today that I've got a virus that's infecting all my exe files. :o I scanned everything with Norton and got it all fixed up and then tryed re-insalling. It worked just fine. Thanks again Mark and Ryan for being so patient. :D
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I'm very glad to hear you finally got everything sorted out!
-Ryan
Big-O Software