Does'nt clone AIM+, just AIM

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

RoccoMelon

Does'nt clone AIM+, just AIM

Post by RoccoMelon »

I just installed AIM+ on my girlfriends computer. The problem is when i went to double clicked on aim+,it was just AIM that was cloned, not +. It was like no + features were'nt even running.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

What version of AIM is your girlfriend running? What OS is she running?

You could also try using the "Clone AIM" feature from the + menu and see if that works better ...
-Mark
Big-O Software
RoccoMelon

Post by RoccoMelon »

She is using the newest version of AIM, and she has millenium OS. I cant use the + menu, because it is not there. When i do clone AIM+, it just clones the old AIM, not +. there's no menu's of +, or anything. I have AIM+ on my computer and it is fine. I dont know why it doesnt work
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Can you get AIM+ to run on your girlfriend's computer at all, or are you simply have problems trying to clone?

If AIM+ is not launching correctly, your shortcut may be pointing to the regular AIM.exe file rather than the AIM+.exe file. Make sure you're running AIM+ rather than simply AIM.

If you're just having problems launching a clone, rather than trying to double-click AIM to start a clone, try launching one from the + menu on the original instance of AIM.
-Mark
Big-O Software
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

I beleive the version nubmer your using helps, since may people still think the "current version" is 4.7 and not aware of the many (5 or so) that have been released since.
robfitz

Same thing here

Post by robfitz »

I have the same problem. When I try to open AIM+, it gives me an error that says that it "Failed trying to clone AIM(finding mutex)". It doesn't add a special menu or anything like that. I also run Win ME, so perhaps that may be the problem?
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Are you trying to clone AIM, or run AIM+? Your post is a little confusing in that regard ...
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

robfitz:

Your problem intrigues me, please tell me exactly what version of AIM you are using.

It seems very likely that your problem could be fixed by upgrading to a newer version (4.7, the latest official release, or the newest beta - 4.8 -- either should be fine).

I am still very intersted in knowing if this is the problem, though, so I hope you get a chance to check your AIM version number and get back to me!
-Ryan
Big-O Software
robfitz

Version:

Post by robfitz »

Well, I am running 4.8 . However, I have used an ADs remover in a previous version before upgrading. I dunno if this would do anything, but still its wort mentioning
klsy62086

Same here

Post by klsy62086 »

Yeah I can't get AIM+ to work either.. I downloaded it but when I double click for it to run only AIM comes up.