Scroll bar in AIM+ chat windows goes scewey

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Dj Schny

Scroll bar in AIM+ chat windows goes scewey

Post by Dj Schny »

After a IM window worth or more text builds up in an IM window and it you switch between windows or minimize that IM window, then the windows scrolls up a few lines, so you can't see the last line typed. Also when you try to scroll back down, it just keeps going (you hit the bottom and it jumps up and just alternates back and forth).

My specs are as follows:

1) Windows 2000 SP2
2) 256 meg RAM
3) Diamond Monster Fusion AGP vid card
4) AIM ver 4.3.2188
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

AIM+ has been designed for use with the latest version of AIM. While it does work with older versions, it's recommended that you use the latest AIM, 4.8.2646, as there have been occasional problems with older releases of AIM, especially visual abnormalities. While this may or may not be the source of your problem, it's definitely worth upgrading to the latest AIM anyways :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
DJ Schny

Post by DJ Schny »

Thanks for the response. I was hoping there might have been a resolution. I purposely run the older version of AIM so as not to have the "AIM Today" and other such extra bells and whistles that I never use. I have had bad experiences with memory usage with the new versions of AIM also.

Thanks for the info though. If you have any more information in regards to AIM+ with the 4.3.2188 version, I would love to see it posted in the forum.

Thanks again.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

The AIM Today window is an option in AIM that can be disabled, and for extra convenience it is automatically blocked by AIM+, unless you choose not to :).

The people at AIM definitely add a lot of useless stuff, but they also do add some good features with each new release. It's definitely worth upgrading just to give it a test!
-Mark
Big-O Software
Maraklov
Addict
Addict

Post by Maraklov »

aim+ does allow you to disable some of these bells and whistles... aim today window for one.

of course, the past few aim betas, including the latest 4.8.2768, suffer from feature bloat. so sad.

i wish i could give you some sort of solution to your specific issue, but alas, i don't know how.
"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him." Arthur C. Clarke