AIM Today Window in AIM 4.8.2768

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Chris

WINDOW POPS UP

Post by Chris »

Guys,

The AOL TOdya Window keeps popping up after login after I installed that new AIM beta.

What gives?

I tried reinstalling AIM plus, but it still come up.

CHRIS
Maraklov
Addict
Addict

aim today, gone tomorrow

Post by Maraklov »

i just tested this myself.

i keep the aim today window disabled in aim itself... but when i re-enabled it in aim, the aim+ setting doesn't change the behavior anymore, aim today pops up anyway.

that being said, whenever i clone i get the aim today window as well. even with it *disabled* in aim and aim+.

running...
win xp pro 5.1.2600
aim beta 4.8.2768
aim+ 2.1.1 (build 59)
"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him." Arthur C. Clarke
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

The "Allow AIM Today Popup" option in AIM+ is unfortunately not working with the new beta.

Chris -

Go to AIM Preferences and choose the "Sign On/Off" menu. In the bottom left corner there is an option to "Show AIM Today window at sign on." Just uncheck this box and the AIM Today window will not bother you again.

Maraklov -

Check the AIM Preferences of your clone, you may have the AIM Today window disabled under your first screenname, but enabled on the second one (previously relying on AIM+ to suppress the window). Thanks :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
jff2k

Post by jff2k »

Where can I download the new Beta? When I try to get it from aim.com download-page, it always redirects me to the German page... Does someone has got a direct link?

Thank you in advance,
jff2k

@Big-O Mark: I've read you've fixed the "Display bug when using localized AIM" - when will the new versin be released? ;)
Mercedes-Benz Fanpage - www.mb-portal.net
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

You can always download the latest AIM beta here.

The next bugfix update to AIM+ should be released in the next few days, and will hopefully include a fix to the disable AIM Today option as well :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I fixed this yesterday.

Expect it to be fixed in the next version, which you'll be seeing very, very soon.
-Ryan
Big-O Software