can't enter chatrooms

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

jbc01France

can't enter chatrooms

Post by jbc01France »

I just downloaded and updated with the latest version of AIM+ (2.2 build 63). I was previously using the AIM+ version available 3 weeks ago. I can login, run multiple instances, but I can't anymore enter any chatroom (I only can running AIM).
I tried to remove AIM+ then AIM (4.7 french version), and to reinstall properly with the new AIM release (4.8.2768), without any change. I use W98SE.
Thanks for your help.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I have an idea for what might cause this, but I can't seem to recreate the problem for myself. I don't often use chatrooms, however. Maybe you are trying to enter the chatrooms in a different way than me.

Are you able to send a chatroom invitation and join a room that way? Is it receiving invitations that doesn't work? Or clicking on a chat room link?

Thank you for your feedback..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
jbc01France

can't enter chatrooms

Post by jbc01France »

Thanks for your so quick answer.
I can't enter any chatroom when clicking on a chatroom link. The link doesn't work. Actually, when i click on the link in the IE window, the focus goes on the buddy list window and nothing more happens...
If there is no easy solution, how could i download again the AIM+ previous version which worked perfectly?

[AIM+ is very nice and convenient; i miss not being able to use it anymore... lol ]
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

If the problem involves AIM links and AIM+, we're already working on a solution to this bug :).

You can view that thread here:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=576
-Mark
Big-O Software
jbc01France

can't enter chatrooms

Post by jbc01France »

an additional information :
i tried this :

1) run AIM+ and login with screenname1
2) clone and login with screenname2
(the chatroom links doesn't work)
3) sign off with screenname1 and exit
4) click on the chatroom link : now, the AIM sign in window pops up and I sign again with screenname1
- it runs AIM (not AIM+) and the link works! [it doesn't when i sign off with screenname2 instead of screenname1 at 3)]

Oohps!
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Are you trying to join the chatrooms at the official site -- http://www.aim.com/community/chats.adp ? If you are, are you trying to join the "Features for AIM 4.7+ Users Only:" chats, or the "Just Chats -- all AIM users:"?
-Mark
Big-O Software