Problems checking AOL mail using AIM 4.8.2768

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

WeRD

Problems checking AOL mail using AIM 4.8.2768

Post by WeRD »

Firstly, I'd like to say congrats to Big-O Software. AIM+ is great and since I started using it, I couldn't imagine using AIM without it.

Ok, so on to the issue...

AOL isn't my ISP, but my father has had an AOL account for some time. I do have an actual AOL screenname that I use only as an email account (same as my AIM screenname).

The newest beta version of AIM (4.8.2768) includes a new feature that allows you to check your AOL mail account (using the webmail.aol.com site) by right-clicking on the taskbar icon -> read mail -> click your email address. When using just AIM, this feature works fine. The browser loads up, automatically logs you in (using username/password from logging into AIM I assume), and displays your mail. However, if I try this while AIM+ is running, the browser loads up and takes me to the site, but the authentication fails while trying to log in. I must manually type in my password to get to the mail listing.

This isn't really a big deal, as it only adds one more stop to checking the mail, I just figured I'd post about it because it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to correct (although I could be wrong).

Take care, and keep up the good work!
Mikey K.

Post by Mikey K. »

Yea i have the same exact problem, i have a cable isp and i have aol. i use my aol sn on aim and it has the same password and all so it works normally, and it works with previous versions of aim+(i use 1.0 for that personal reason). i understand that it isnt a big problem but it is an inconvienience. i also noticed that with also versions after 1.0-- i have aim&aim+ auto start when i start my computer-- so when i start my pc with version 1.0 of aim+ it opens normally and stays hidden in the tastbar, next to the clock. i really enjoy this feature for personal reasons also conserning other ppl using the computer. but with version 2.2 which has features and bug-fixes that i really like, those to inconviences hold me back from using that version. i would so much love it for those 2 issues to be resolved
~~~ very loyal user, even through the memory leaks~~~ Mike.
tarobaap

same problem

Post by tarobaap »

Just want to confirm the AIM mail problem, I have version 4.8.2768 and windows ME and i also cant login to the mail feature automatically. On AIM alone it will correctly log me in however while using AIM+ it says my password will need to be inputed manually. Like the others said its a minor inconvenience but it would make it easier to check mail if it was fixed.

Thanks
Dastngr99
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Dastngr99 »

im still wondering if neone has even gotten around to readin this post and thought bout fixin this problem? tahnks..
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

We read EVERYTHING on these boards, regardless of whether or not there is a reply yet :). When there is no reply, it usually means we have no progress to report or questions to ask, but we always investigate every problem and hope to fix everything!
-Mark
Big-O Software
WeRD

Post by WeRD »

Actually, with the release of AIM 4.8.2790 and AIM+ 2.2.1, this problem seems to have fixed itself. I installed both of these versions at the same time (which I actually did a while ago, just never got around to posting about it here), so I'm not sure which one fixed it (maybe both?), but it's working fine now.

I suggest everyone else having this problem update to the latest version of both. If you already have, and you're still having the problem, I'd be curious to hear about it.

WeRD
killcrap
Addict
Addict

Post by killcrap »

yea, it works fine for me also now
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Is anyone still experiencing this problem, or does all seem to be well, as the last few posts seem to indicate?
-Mark
Big-O Software
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

it worked fine since Tuesday for me.