Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

afn
Just Registered
Just Registered

minor bugs in history viewer

Post by afn »

Just a couple of minor issues with the history viewer:

(1) it doesn't treat multiple <BODY> tags properly; if i'm looking at a log of conversation with someone who has a different bg color than me, it doesn't switch colors. e.g. <HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#0000ff">blah</BODY></HTML><BR><HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff">asdf</BODY></HTML> will both show up on a blue background.

(2) it doesn't automatically break between <HTML> blocks. e.g. if i IM someone, close the window, and IM them again, the log looks like <HTML>...blah...</HTML><HTML>...blah...</HTML>, without a <BR> between them. the history viewer then shows the two IMs on a single line.

(3) if the foreground and background color are too similar (e.g. blue text on blue background), AIM will normally adjust the foreground color so it's readable. the history viewer won't do this.

i'm guessing all three of these result from the fact that you're using the MSIE control for displaying HTML content (whereas AIM has its own widget) but you could work around each of these issues with some minor preprocessing on the files...

thanx
tony novak
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

All of the problems you have described are attributable to AIM, not AIM+. Unfortunately, it's simply the way AIM itself displays conversations and saves them as .html. AIM+ saves the chats just as AIM would by using the File : Save option in the IM windows.

We are looking to vastly improve the history viewer with the next big release of AIM+, so hopefully some of these problems won't be such a nuisance.
-Mark
Big-O Software