Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Richard
Just Registered
Just Registered

AIM+ Options Icon Problem

Post by Richard »

AIM Version: 4.1.2010

Problems:
The AIM+ Icon in the General Buttons (next to the search) doesn't resize properly. If you resize the whole window, the icon stays at the last place where the window was. It doesn't move back with the resizing of the window.
Also, if you go under preferences and disable "Show General Buttons" you cannot see the AIM+ Icon with your options. The only way to get back into preferences is by using the AIM+ Menu in another chat window.

..and no, I don't wanna upgrade AIM :)

Thank You,
Richard Smith
RichardTHS@Yahoo.com
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Richard wrote: The AIM+ Icon in the General Buttons (next to the search) doesn't resize properly. If you resize the whole window, the icon stays at the last place where the window was. It doesn't move back with the resizing of the window.

..and no, I don't wanna upgrade AIM
I'm aware that there are cosmetic problems with the older versions of AIM, that's why we recommend the latest AIM in the Readme. There are other reasons (not related to AIM+) that I'd recommend the latest AIM, too -- but it's your call, you should find AIM+ is functional even with older AIMs, it just doesn't look quite as good.
Richard wrote:Also, if you go under preferences and disable "Show General Buttons" you cannot see the AIM+ Icon with your options. The only way to get back into preferences is by using the AIM+ Menu in another chat window.
From the AIM+ FAQ:

There are three ways you can access the AIM+ Preferences:
1 - Click the +(plus) button in the lower-right corner of the AIM Buddy List Window, and then select 'AIM+ Preferences' from the menu that pops up (only in AIM+ 2.0 or later, and it will not be available if you have turned off 'General Buttons').
2 - Click on the icon in the very top-left corner of the AIM Buddy List Window (on the title bar), then choose 'AIM+ Preferences' from that menu.
3 - On any IM/Chat window, there should be an 'AIM+' item in the menu at the top, select 'Preferences' from this menu.
-Ryan
Big-O Software