AOL Emoticons

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Guardian
Just Registered
Just Registered

AOL Emoticons

Post by Guardian »

I've been having a problem with me emoticons on AIM. After the window clears a few times, the faces appear about as big as a period, or they go up a size, or the don't appear at all.

WindowsME
AIM V 4.8.2790
AIM+ 2.2 (build 63)
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I usually don't have chat sessions long enough to get it to clear a few times, but when I have, I've never experienced this problem.

Have you ever seen this happen in extremely long conversations using AIM without AIM+? It may have something to do with the fact that the window has been open forever with tons of text in memory. If you close the IM window and open a new one, will the emoticons work correctly, or are they still messed up?

You may want to try upgrading your AIM+ to the latest version, 2.2.1.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Guardian
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Guardian »

The window clears a few times...say...3 or 4 usually, then the emoticons screw up. I've got the newest versions of AIM and AIM+ running. When I close the window, the emoticons go back to normal. I just thought that I'd run you by that I'm experiencing this problem.
timrosenfeld
Addict
Addict

Post by timrosenfeld »

I've experienced this problem a couple of times too. I never noticed a pattern in it and it never really bothered me so much. I figured that it was probably some kind of bug in AIM.

note: I've got the latest version of AIM and AIM+ running on Win2000
m0di4n
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by m0di4n »

yeah, the smilies seem to shrink and have a different background color. i have the latest versions of aim+ and aim running on winXP.