aim+ history extraction

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

nemyx

aim+ history extraction

Post by nemyx »

how about a button to extract to the desktop the conversation currently being viewed... yes, i know the html files that store the conversations are stored in aim+\aim+ history\%username%\... but that is a pain... an "Extract this conversation" button would be a nice feature...
fuuucckkers

Re: aim+ history extraction

Post by fuuucckkers »

nemyx wrote:how about a button to extract to the desktop the conversation currently being viewed... yes, i know the html files that store the conversations are stored in aim+\aim+ history\%username%\... but that is a pain... an "Extract this conversation" button would be a nice feature...
Seems like a nice feature to have.. but it seems like just plain lazyness to me. It's not very difficult to go :
C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+ History\

Even still.. you can just open up the History Viewer, and it automatically takes you to the current conversation. Which in that case, just copy everything and paste it into notepad.
nemyx

Post by nemyx »

well... laziness or not... hassle free computing is the essence of good design... you take for granted how many things are handled for you automatically nowadays... *who needs error-checking? everyone will make sure they select the right thing before they hit delete* :roll:

also... we should say the entire aim+ history viewer contributes to our laziness... we should select all the text from the IM and paste it into our own html files before we close the IM... :-?
BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by BigHead »

nemyx wrote: also... we should say the entire aim+ history viewer contributes to our laziness... we should select all the text from the IM and paste it into our own html files before we close the IM... :-?
In AIM 5 (not sure about 4) u can just do File Save
nemyx

Post by nemyx »

dude... sigh. sarcasm? :roll:

the aim+ history already saves them as you type...

scenario: i talked to someone... i want to send that conversation to a friend but i closed it... ok so i go to the history viewer... tada (extract html to desktop)... now, yes, i could go through the program files directory, but why if there is a button right there... :o
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

that is a very good i dea i think i would use it but i mean i could do that my self probably
tone