email address book

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

jaytee

email address book

Post by jaytee »

The new AIM 4.8 has a feature for storing email addresses with a screen name. I haven't downloaded it yet, but the AIM webpage says it only works with AOL, Compuserve, or Netscape mail (I guess everything that would get AOL more money). How about a similar feature, but just uses a normail mailto: command, so that it can be used with outlook, or some other email client.

Web Based too please.

Post by Guest »

I've found it frusterating that the extra account and address book are pop3 only.
What about Web based mail like Hotmail?
Surely you can give us one too, meaning the addresses in your AIM (or AIM+), can easily be imported to Hotmail with a click of a button.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I'd hope that AOL adds this in the future as well, perhaps after they've seen if their current email implementation is successful and received positively by their users.

In the meantime, perhaps this feature can be added in some way to a future version of AIM+.
-Mark
Big-O Software
jester22c

was thinking the same thing

Post by jester22c »

I would really like this feature to be added. Even (if possible) if you adjust the mail button now to use the mailto function with the stored email addy of the selected buddy. Also apply same thing in right click context menu of buddy. I know I would use this daily!