How To Send IM's To Offline People: MessageServer

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Do you like MessageServer, and think it is useful?

Yeah its awesome!
65%
Good idea but it needs work.
30%
Its junk but i'll use it every now and then.
3%
It sucks, stick with eMail!
3%

Total votes: 37

jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Okie dokie. I can do coding, graphics and web design. I'm pretty good at all three :)
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

I would mainly be a VB guy..... i do html and scripting too, but i lack in Layout and design...... i suck at that visual look crap :P

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
TazX2k
Addict
Addict

Post by TazX2k »

clippets of code plasma? you make it sound like some top secret project or something. i'm a fair guy and i think everyone in the group (or at least the developers) should have the full source? i trust you guys and even if it leaks out... i'm sure the group will still stay together and it wont be the end of the world. if you guys are helping out i would give you the whole thing. so how do you think i should go about forming a list of coders/web designers? i think what we need first is a place to put up a webpage so if anyone has some space on a server please tell us, thank you.

we need ~15 Megs and it cannot be a slow server.

so uh plasma, who is she :wink:

Joe Ventura
TazX2k@hotmail.com
19/M... Student @ Manhattan College
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

TazX2k wrote: we need ~15 Megs and it cannot be a slow server.

I'd offer some space, but im kinda goin the same speed as big-o latley..... im on a dsl server. The most id be able to do (safley) would be provide some temporary storage until ya got things goin. But as soon as ya got a lot of people joinin, you would need to transfer.

If ya still wanna try it, say so, but yea.

It would be at www.shwippy.com for the domain
TazX2k wrote: so uh plasma, who is she :wink:
....do you LIKE? lol

jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Hmm well as far as forming the group goes. You have me and Plasma as coders so far. I'm not quite sure how many you're wanting but I think that us three could accomplish alot even if it stayed just us three. I am looking to primarily be doing coding, but I can help with the website as well. I say pick a few people to help with the site and I'll help 'em out as needed.

lol @ plasma.. I bet he doesn't even know who the girl is :roll: he keeps avoiding the question :wink:
TazX2k
Addict
Addict

Post by TazX2k »

well i can host it on http://www.vckits.com, but the server is really slow and i hate it, so right now temporary hosting isnt a problem, but i would like some sort of permanent hosting solution, oh and it must be hosted on a windows NT/XP box, it cannot be *nix. for now we'll use my host, but i still need someone to develop a webpage and graphics. i suck at graphics but i can do cgi's and layouts, but i would rather dedicate a team of developers to it.... i made the layout and cgi's for http://www.vckits.com. tell me what you guys think about it.

So does anyone want to make a website and some graphics?, ill also find out if we can give messageserver a buddy icon, it uses toc and i am not sure if toc supports buddy icons.

Plasma and Jester, IM or email me...
and Plasma i do like... i also hacked your site...
http://www.schwippy.com/dont?view :wink:

Joe Ventura
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

AAAHHHAHAHAHA........

oh man, i NEEDED that laugh! :lol:

O, man.... thats classic, lol.

i looked at the log for that thing (html) and noticed you had to try a lot of crap before you finnaly got it, lol.

I made that simple script in about 10 minutes..... then later decided to add the protection of my own name from it. (lol.... i can only guess how many time you got sent to my 'fart' page :D )

Now, i guess i gotta add somethin to keep the html away! :wink:

........hahaha.......... nicely done

TazX2k
Addict
Addict

Post by TazX2k »

haha you posted that about 20sec after i posted mine.... lol
that was funny, and yeah i got that fart page about 4 or 5 times but i was prepared each time (after the first) to quickly kill ie

well plasma, i like i like... so who is she?

Joe Ventura
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

You've got email taz, nice job on the hack haha.

Oh yeah.. I think TOC does support buddy icons because smarterchild used one, wasn't he TOC?
TazX2k
Addict
Addict

Post by TazX2k »

I am not sure, smarterchild also had permission to be a bot but it didnt even have a profile, also aim express does not suppot buddy icons and thats what toc was orginally made for (i think). i made my aim class from a toc document that i found on the net and it didnt say anything about buddy icons, probably because it was made before they came about. it would be really awesome if we could get a bot account or convince active buddy to make a bot like messageserver.

hey plasma, who's the cat? :wink:

Joe Ventura

we have a few people together
----------------------------------------------------------------
jester; head of website development and maybe graphics, some other stuff??
plasma; coder and i dunno what else.
me; i dunno ill do what ever i can do.

anyone else wanna join?
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Ok sounds good Taz. I'll try and work on some prelilminaries for the site this weekend. Graphics are no problem either :) Also I would like to help with the code some. I'm not sure how much I can do until I see it but I do know VB :D
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

it is great!!!!!

the only thing is when it sends the im to some one it should specify that he wanted to send you this but you were offline and he had to go or w/e you know??
tone
TazX2k
Addict
Addict

Post by TazX2k »

t0ne i dont get it, plasma, jester what is he trying to say??
yeah jester of course you can help with the code...

here is a screen shot of the frontend just in case anyone wanted to know what the server side looked like. It is running on a PII 300.

and here is a part of the debug text incase anyone wanted to check it out:

IN: 42 2 251 63 45 0 UPDATE_BUDDY:JanaMarie615:T:0:1033254190:0: O
OUT: 2 7 75 1 14 toc_send_im janamarie615 "<HTML><FONT COLOR=\"#000080\" FACE=\"Verdana\" SIZE=1><b>AIM MESSAGE SERVER <a href=\"http://www.vckits.com/?ms1\">\[D3\]</a></b></FONT><br>Message: ktothelo - where the hizel...<br>Added To Pending List. Type <b>Man</b> to view list.</HTML>"\0
IN: 42 2 251 64 121 0 IM_IN:ang3LICdreaMEr:F:<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT LANG="0">cherri teardrops; blah blah blah</FONT></BODY></HTML>
OUT: 2 7 76 0 30 toc_add_buddy cherriteardrops\0
OUT: 2 7 77 0 29 toc_add_buddy ang3licdreamer\0
IN: 42 2 251 65 47 0 UPDATE_BUDDY:ang3LICdreaMEr:T:4:1033254178:0: U
IN: 42 2 251 66 112 0 IM_IN:JanaMarie615:F:<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#0000ff"><FONT COLOR="#00ffff" LANG="0" SIZE=4>kj</FONT></BODY></HTML>
OUT: 2 7 78 0 27 toc_add_buddy janamarie615\0
OUT: 2 7 79 1 184 toc_send_im janamarie615 "<HTML><FONT COLOR=\"#000080\" FACE=\"Verdana\" SIZE=1><b>AIM MESSAGE SERVER <a href=\"http://www.vckits.com/?ms1\">\[D3\]</a></b></FONT><br><FONT SIZE=2>This service allows you to send messages to offline screen names, the message will be delivered as soon as they sign on.<br>Type <b>Menu</b> for a list of commands, Be sure to read the <b>Rules</b><br>Wait for a response before sending another command.</HTML>"\0
OUT: 2 7 80 0 32 toc_remove_buddy "janamarie615"\0
OUT: 2 7 81 1 22 toc_send_im ang3licdreamer "<HTML><FONT COLOR=\"#000080\" FACE=\"Verdana\" SIZE=1><b>AIM MESSAGE SERVER <a href=\"http://www.vckits.com/?ms1\">\[D3\]</a></b></FONT><br>Message: cherriteardrops - blah blah blah...<br>Added To Pending List. Type <b>Man</b> to view list.</HTML>"\0
OUT: 2 7 82 0 34 toc_remove_buddy "ang3licdreamer"\0
IN: 42 2 251 67 47 0 UPDATE_BUDDY:CrimsonxTears:T:0:1033238569:0: OU
OUT: 2 7 83 0 31 toc_get_info "StalkerEnsembLE"\0
IN: 42 2 251 68 25 0 ERROR:901:stalkerensemble
General Error: 901
stalkerensemble is not currently available.
IN: 42 2 251 69 46 0 UPDATE_BUDDY:CrimsonxTears:T:0:1033238569:0: O
OUT: 2 7 84 1 222 toc_send_im crimsonxtears "<HTML><FONT COLOR=\"#000080\" FACE=\"Verdana\" SIZE=1><b>AIM MESSAGE SERVER <a href=\"http://www.vckits.com/?ms1\">\[D3\]</a></b></FONT><br>From: <b><FONT SIZE=2>Stal kerEnsembLE \[Sep 24, 03:13 AM\] <a href=\"aim:goim?screenname=messageserver&message=Stal kerEnsembLE;\">\[Reply\]</a></font></b><br></font></html><HTML><BODY BGCOLOR=\"#010101\"><B><FONT COLOR=\"#0080ff\" FACE=\"Georgia\" LANG=\"0\" SIZE=1> *kix u*</B></FONT></BODY></HTML></HTML>"\0
OUT: 2 7 85 0 33 toc_remove_buddy "crimsonxtears"\0
IN: 42 2 251 70 96 0 IM_IN:XzTaz2000:F:<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT LANG="0" SIZE=2>stats</FONT></BODY></HTML>
OUT: 2 7 86 0 24 toc_add_buddy xztaz2000\0
IN: 42 2 251 71 42 0 UPDATE_BUDDY:XzTaz2000:T:0:1033254533:0: O
OUT: 2 7 87 1 62 toc_send_im xztaz2000 "<HTML><FONT COLOR=\"#000080\" FACE=\"Verdana\" SIZE=1><b>AIM MESSAGE SERVER <a href=\"http://www.vckits.com/?ms1\">\[D3\]</a></b></FONT><br>Recieved IMs: 30838<br>Sent IMs: 38159<br>Pending: 150<br>Unique SNs Today: 144<br>Unique SNs Total: 845<br>Last Reload: 9/27/2002 11:02:28 PM EST</HTML>"\0
OUT: 2 7 88 0 29 toc_remove_buddy "xztaz2000"\0

plasma, i like i like :D
anything else new?

Joe
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

What I think t0ne was trying to say is that when MessageServer sends an saved message to someone it should say "USERX wanted to send this to you but you were offline... blah blah blah". He never makes sense so just ignore him haha. I think it works fine the way it works now.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting started with the code.

I'm about 70% done with the preliminary website. It's nothing special, very basic for the time being. I'm just making a general layout to see what you and plasma think. I'll put up the finished product tomorrow and let you both know the URL.

That's a nice job with the front end btw!
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

yeah... i agree.... tony needs to stop toking while typing.

lol..... anyways......

i wanted to ask ya about the "Warn pause" option box. What exactly is done different? i mean, its obvious that it has something to do with the rate of messages based on warning level.... but whats it do exaclty?

........so, you like the girl and the pussy... anything else? lol