How To Send IM's To Offline People: MessageServer

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Do you like MessageServer, and think it is useful?

Yeah its awesome!
65%
Good idea but it needs work.
30%
Its junk but i'll use it every now and then.
3%
It sucks, stick with eMail!
3%

Total votes: 37

tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

you guys are mean :( lol

and jester if i make no sense how do you know what i mean??
tone
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

t0ne wrote:and jester if i make no sense how do you know what i mean??
it takes one of two things before we can understand what ya sayin....... either we need to be totally wasted, or dead tired. lol

IE: theres no way in hell that im gonna guess what ur talkin bout in the middle of the day sometimes..... but if i read your posts at like, 2am, them i see wat ur sayin like i was readin a book.

lol.... so yea

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
MattTheMan27316
Just Registered
Just Registered

Wanting to join in in this group for MessageServer ! ! !

Post by MattTheMan27316 »

I talked to Taz and he told me to put things about my self on here and he would tell my if im in so here it goes. Hi my name is Matthew I'm from N.C. I'm just 13 i hope that isn't a - Well what could I do for the group i was looking at being like a Vice Manager i could help a lot with the web page layouts and stuff like that i love creating web pages there is one thing that i know is a - and that is that I cant program, Im wanting to learn maby Taz or Plasma can help a little to get me started. I promis if i get in this group ill be dedicated and work hard. I quess thats it now its just the waiting for Taz too say if I'm in or not :wink:

Matthew
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Plasma2002b wrote:
t0ne wrote:and jester if i make no sense how do you know what i mean??
it takes one of two things before we can understand what ya sayin....... either we need to be totally wasted, or dead tired. lol

IE: theres no way in hell that im gonna guess what ur talkin bout in the middle of the day sometimes..... but if i read your posts at like, 2am, them i see wat ur sayin like i was readin a book.

lol.... so yea

That is exactly right, I couldn't have worded it better myself. I was delerious from sleep deprivation last night when I read his post.
TazX2k
Addict
Addict

Post by TazX2k »

Plasma, the warn pause option was an old option that i never bothered to get rid of, see when i first released it, i never had the problem with it being warned, so then when i started to have the problem (it started to get popular because its basically self advertising) it was affecting the integrity of the service (it would get kicked off and not be allowed to sign back on and stuff) so what that option did was, it didn’t allow anyone to add new queues until the warning went down to a specific level. well i thought it would work because people would realize that in order to use it they have to keep the warning under that point but it didn’t, im assuming the young ones (< 14) were warning it because they thought it was cool. that was prob a huge run on sentence but its all good.
after that, i just decided to make it more stable and there are a bunch of checks and stuff to make sure its doing what its supposed to do. let me list a few: first toc doesn’t have any "ping" type packet to see if your still there, so what i did was a start a counter and reset it every time i receive a packet. if the timer goes above (i think its) 10min then it get the profile of its self. that makes the servers send back a packet and in turn it resets the counter again. if the counter get to high i think its 15min then it signs off and signs back on because aim dropped it. that is the "Server Tic." in the front end. some other stuff include at every 12 o clock it cycles signing off and on, this is to prevent other problems and to isolate some weird things like the aim servers still respond to it, but do not allow it to send messages. about the rate limits, MessageServer always times its messages as if it were at 100% warning, so its neither slow or faster when its not warned (7.1 sec between anything it sends to the aim servers). this is why if there is a message queued for you and you sign on you get the message 7 sec after you get on (check if sender is online [wait 7 sec], send the im, [wait 7 sec]). what the warning does affect is the integrity of the service, aim doesn’t like people at 100% warning so it sometimes does strange things to them.

Matt: i know you would love to help out and everything. i am always extremely busy and don’t have to much time on my hands. i want MessageServer to get better and because i don’t have much free time to work on it myself, i am cool with starting a group to help MessageServer progress. the truth is that i feel that you will be more of a drain on group then what you will give. meaning we'll more waste time with you then the time you'll save us by the work you do. also i am hesitant to give out the source to someone that doesn’t know how to code because that makes it more prone to it leaking out on the internet. Jester, Plasma what do you guys think we should do.

t0ne: my fellow group members have made it undoubtedly clear to me that the idea you proposed is most inconceivably moronic idea. i am sorry to inform you that we utterly reject your proposal and wholly agree that you have wasted our time. Please feel free to try again.

Plasma: i like the girl and the pussy... what can i say? they are just undeniably amazing :wink:

Joe
MiniSizeIt

Post by MiniSizeIt »

Taz - I can help with any web design work you might need. I also have Windows NT web hosting that I might be able to use for the site. Let me know if you need me or what I can do.
MattTheMan27316
Just Registered
Just Registered

Oh well

Post by MattTheMan27316 »

Yell didnt have to be so harsh on me im sorry i even asked :sad:
TazX2k
Addict
Addict

Post by TazX2k »

I apoligize if i was a bit harsh, i never ment to offend you. if you are asking me to teach you how to program i cannot and ill just leave it at that.

Joe :oops:
TazX2k
Addict
Addict

Post by TazX2k »

Matt asked me again if he could help out so i told him he can help out with the web stuff.

i need to know the folowing,
jester and plasma do you guys have broadband, if so what kind?

Joe
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

yeah.... i gotz da DSL...... havent gone down in about 80 days or so.....

ya can ping www.schwippy.com or whatever to get to it.

y? whats ya got on mind?

jester22c

Post by jester22c »

As to the members, I think the group (Taz, Plasma, and myself) should decide everything together. Matt, I really do appreciate your willingness to help but in MY opinion we have everything under control right now with just the three of us. I wouldn't mind yah helping with the site but I don't know what you could help on...

Connection... well I have DSL but I'm waiting on my new modem, which is in the mail. I should get it the beginning of this week. Till then I'm stuck with 56K :-?

Taz and Plasma check PM :)
TazX2k
Addict
Addict

Post by TazX2k »

I would like to address an issue. MessageServer uses its buddy list to know when a user signs on. the problem is that the max buddy list size is 200 sn's so it can only have messages to 200 unique sn's. that limit is starting to get critically close and we must do something about it. i dont liek the ideas of having multiple sn's thats just dumb, i was thinking more on the lines of having other sn's that messageserver uses internally only for their buddy lists, what do you guys think? also jester i like the site... we also need to set up a to do list.

the reason why i wanted to know if both of you had broadband is because i want both of you to be able to remotly administer messageserver (via netmeeting)

Joe Ventura
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

hey taz...... wat OS do ya got?

cause i was thinkin bout ur remote operation thing, and theres a better way than Netmeeting.

IF you have XP pro, or 2000, you can enable remote console log-on.

If ya dont know exactly what im talkin about, go to

http://schwippy.com/tsweb

thats a direct connection on my server computer. I use it all the time when i need to do something from the internet on my computer.

TazX2k
Addict
Addict

Post by TazX2k »

it didnt work, i got some sort of script error, but it seems really cool, tell me about it and how to set it up, im using xp pro.

Joe
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Plasma2002b wrote:hey taz...... wat OS do ya got?

cause i was thinkin bout ur remote operation thing, and theres a better way than Netmeeting.

IF you have XP pro, or 2000, you can enable remote console log-on.

If ya dont know exactly what im talkin about, go to

http://schwippy.com/tsweb

thats a direct connection on my server computer. I use it all the time when i need to do something from the internet on my computer.

That would be good, I have Windows 2000 so theoretically it could work for everyone...