The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

BoFiS

AIM Chat with Mark

Post by BoFiS »

For those of you who weren't in the chat tonight, neenxmo was kind enough to post the questions and answers here:

http://neenmo.com/aim+faq.html

The full convo went on with people criticizing Mark or acusing him of not being the real Big-O-Mark...but all relavent questions and answers are here...enjoy.
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

Man, I'm gonna pull this off topic to make a lighter note: does anyone remember Cyberwings when all their stuff was going down? Just seeing the chat room and the log of Mark's chat makes me think of that and laugh. If I'm alone, it's okay. :lol:

Anyways, I just wanted to throw my two cents in and say that their decision is their business. They were offerring the software for free, so we don't have the right to put them down (whoever might be doing it). I kinda skimmed thru the 15 pages so far, and I hated seeing any bad comments about this.

Yeah, I s'pose that's how I feel. Hopefully things will be better in the future for Ryan and Mark. :)

Best wishes,
Bryan
Bryan T. Villarin
btvillarin.com | My System Rig
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

Timelessblurr wrote:
SparkleSatine wrote:
Timelessblurr wrote:all this bitchen that the people do bout aim+ not be realise to day is getting on my nerves Big-O-bitch need to stop all her post are doing is making people pist. has any wonder if big-o-bitch was part of the people harssin Mark and Ryan. and it people liek big-o-bitch who make me not want to be nice and help people because the people i help just bitch because i did not help them right
I could be wrong, but I think big-o-bitch is not a girl. And he/she is NOT me. The icon is misleading and I just want everyone to know that I do NOT support or condone ANY views held by said bitch.
I know that I figure that out I think big-o-bitch is using you icon because it cover her/his ass so people will not blame big-o-bithc as much
I assumed you knew, but my post was more to get that I don't support him/her on the record.
~Kate~
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Big-O's Bitch wrote:
Timelessblurr wrote:all this bitchen that the people do bout aim+ not be realise to day is getting on my nerves Big-O-bitch need to stop all her post are doing is making people pist. has any wonder if big-o-bitch was part of the people harssin Mark and Ryan. and it people liek big-o-bitch who make me not want to be nice and help people because the people i help just bitch because i did not help them right
I never did anything to them... in fact, I've never even used AIM+, I always used MyIM. But I was looking forward to their software... but no... they are wimps.
so leave you have no say in hear. I used AIM+ since the day I read bout in the houston paper. If you never used it then you have no right to be cruel the Mark and Ryan. I think Mark and Ryan have done a Lot for Us

AM I right Makr and Ryan have done a lot for us
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

I think it's very strange that this supposed "harassment" didn't come up until the date AIM+ was supposed to be released.

This is all very fishy. I think there is more here than meets the eye.

Mark/Ryan, perhaps it would be a good idea if you would disclose what's happened in the past week, just to clear up issues we (as fans of your software) have, and keep the accusations, insults, and mudslinging to a minimum. You must admit that it's not very responsible of a software company to hype a release date for a few weeks, only to announce that the software will not be release but offer no specific reason why (and please don't list harassment as a "specific reason;" by specific reason, I mean details). If things were really so bad, why was the release of AIM+ 3.0 hyped so much for so long?

I think you owe it to us; and I think we owe it to you to listen to your reasons and accept them, and stop accusing you of things. It would really help a lot, guys.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

you know I think i know what made aim+ the big thing was that guy who writes bout tech and program advited aim+ a lot
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

Repost: AIM+ Chat Questions

Read through that first before asking more questions. In addition, these two aren't a software company...just two people who love making software that helps everybody. They don't owe us anything, IMHO.

Bryan
Bryan T. Villarin
Sidious
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Sidious »

I just want to thank Ryan and Mark for all the hard work they have done on AIM+, people kept telling me about all of the new DeadAIM features, but i refused to get it because i am loyal to AIM+. I was looking forward to upgrading to AIM 5.x and their typing notification, but I'll gladly stick with AIM+ and AIM 4.8 instead. To whoever it is who slandered Ryan and are harrassing Big-O about being wimps and what not, you guys are ungrateful SOBs who really need to go F@#$ themselves. these guys spent their own time developing and supporting a FREE product, and i dont care how much hype they put behind AIM+ 3.0, they don't deserve the attacks some of the people in here are saying.

Thank you guys for everything, and i know this has been asked, but please ask Ryan to post the source code, especially if you guys are putting AIM+ on the 'backest of back burners' we were all really looking forward to it.

PS. thank you SparkleSatine for telling these idiots off, im behind you 100%
-djhoch-
XxCrAzYGaMeRxX
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Don't Let AIM+ Die

Post by XxCrAzYGaMeRxX »

asmily1 wrote:Granted this may be my very first post on the forum, but I don't think it could come at a more opportune time.

Now it may be that people slandering your personal lives is not acceptable, and I agree with that. But must everyone who loves AIM+ suffer because of a few upset and disgruntled people.

By giving in, don't you allow those who slandered you to win? Their only goal was to get you upset and give up - and here you guys are, doing exactly that, giving up.

Why don't you guys win, and continue developing AIM+. Everyone who uses and loves AIM+ has waited for this new release. And we can wait some more, because we love the program. Granted, yes, we are impatient, but that's only because we love it. I searched on google while the site was down and found tons of forums discussing the downtown in which HUNDREDS of users complained that they could not wait for the new release.

My opinion, and I'm sure thousands of people agree with me, don't waist all your hard work and effort developing AIM+ 3.0. Make AIM+'s first birthday worthwhile. A belated birthday present prehaps?

Don't give in, continue developing AIM+ and ignore the people who have just ruined a great piece of software for hundreds of thousands of people.
EXACTLY
why should u let them win? :x god damn guys. i mean come on, so what, u got punked. who cares? ur gonna throw this all away because sumone made fun of u? just keep on goin and forget about the losers who cdon't have anything to do but complain and spread rumors.
just plz release version 3.0
if u have it.... :-?
asmily1

Post by asmily1 »

I don't want to sound nosey, but I still can't help but wonder for what reason the software hasn't been released. If someone slandered you that still wouldn't be a reason to postpone a release. The only thing I could see, is a threat, which if physical could be solved by just calling the police. If not physical (aka legal or monetary or whatever), then it'd be nice to know that.

Big-O Has us sitting here for 16 pages of posts just because people debate what the reason for not releasing is. Why don't you just put us out of our misery and let us know what's wrong. Or atleast tell us WHY you can't tell us the cause for the postponement.

I even don't read all these posts. I scroll through trying to find Mark's posts hoping that he'll have said something informative. But for now, I'm left, to be honest, dissapointed and dissatisfied with the "official" response from big-o.

I mean, look at the number of views this forum has gotten. In the past 6 hours, it has been viewed ELEVEN THOUSAND times. 11,000 people deserve some type of answer better than "oh, stuff came up and we can't release it." I understand some things came up but still, you're leaving us hangin.
Last edited by asmily1 on Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bfavre4

Post by bfavre4 »

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN DEADAIM? THAT PROGRAM HAS LOGGING, ADS DISABLING, TRANSPARENCY, CLONING, JUST LIKE AIM+. Why not use Deadaim?
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Sidious wrote:I just want to thank Ryan and Mark for all the hard work they have done on AIM+, people kept telling me about all of the new DeadAIM features, but i refused to get it because i am loyal to AIM+. I was looking forward to upgrading to AIM 5.x and their typing notification, but I'll gladly stick with AIM+ and AIM 4.8 instead. To whoever it is who slandered Ryan and are harrassing Big-O about being wimps and what not, you guys are ungrateful SOBs who really need to go F@#$ themselves. these guys spent their own time developing and supporting a FREE product, and i dont care how much hype they put behind AIM+ 3.0, they don't deserve the attacks some of the people in here are saying.

Thank you guys for everything, and i know this has been asked, but please ask Ryan to post the source code, especially if you guys are putting AIM+ on the 'backest of back burners' we were all really looking forward to it.

PS. thank you SparkleSatine for telling these idiots off, im behind you 100%
I would keep running AIM+ with aim 4.8 but alase I cannt
My computer crashed a while ago and it lost everything. by the time I could get aim back on there all I could get was version 5. Because I hate adds so much I need something that would cover them which means I had to used deadaim. It sucks compared to aim+ and the day I can get aim+verson 3 I going back to aim+ because it so much better
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

XxCrAzYGaMeRxX wrote:why should u let them win? :x god damn guys. i mean come on, so what, u got punked. who cares? ur gonna throw this all away because sumone made fun of u? just keep on goin and forget about the losers who cdon't have anything to do but complain and spread rumors.
just plz release version 3.0
if u have it.... :-?
It's probably because the attacks were so bad, that it disrupted their lives. Is that worth enduring to provide free software?

Bryan
Bryan T. Villarin
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

bfavre4 wrote:HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN DEADAIM? THAT PROGRAM HAS LOGGING, ADS DISABLING, TRANSPARENCY, CLONING, JUST LIKE AIM+. Why not use Deadaim?
you can not clone one deadaim when you have ME (which unforchly I have and ME SUCKS ASS I WANT XP ON THIS COMPUTER). plus it does not run like aim+. it fucks with aim. It doe not have has many opintions as AIM plus has. It changes the aim file complately. AIM+ ran out side of aim so it was still posible to run noraml aim
asmily1

Post by asmily1 »

btvillarin wrote: It's probably because the attacks were so bad, that it disrupted their lives. Is that worth enduring to provide free software?
I don't understand what "attacks" can disrupt their lives. If it is DOS attacks, let the web host deal with that. Hell, even pull down the website or direct people to download the software from http://www.download.com. If it's some type of threat, there are ways to deal. I just don't get it.
Last edited by asmily1 on Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.