The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

asmily1, I can see why you and everyone wants AIM+ 3.0 to be released. It's truly great software. I think Mark and Ryan can understand why we all have these reactions too, so I think at least plain support will help them in their difficulties. :)

Bryan
Bryan T. Villarin
btvillarin.com | My System Rig
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

djouch wrote:-I really dont want aim+ to be gone, i loved that program soooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!! Please try your hardes mark and ryan.........

-You cant leave us hangin like this.. can you answer this question yes or no.... is it AOL harrasing you?
it been answered and they said no it not aol
BoFiS

Post by BoFiS »

bfavre4 wrote:What about MyIM? I read up on that program and it has the same features as well. Does MyIM change the AIM original executable as well?
Well MyIM, while also a pretty good program, does not work with AIM5, so if you're using 4.8 or an earlier version you might as wel just keep using AIM+.

As far as DeadAIM, the program has all these features that sound cool, but aren't executed nearly as well as they should be. I'll give you one example, the logs don't update in real-time, only when you close a window does it log what was said. This messes things up when AIM crashes, or the comptuer crashes, or when you clear the window due to big images to save ram.

Hopefully MyIM will update and work with 5, if not, for now at least, I'm content using AIM+ with AIM 4.8
DaBigBass

Post by DaBigBass »

Timelessblurr wrote:
asmily1 wrote:
Big-O Mark wrote: Thank you for understanding! That's exactly what I've been trying to say all along.
Mark, I'm not saying I don't understand (see previous posts), I just have trouble understand what could attacks could cause so much harm. I agree, if the attacks were so disruptive, then there's no point. But I just don't understand what could be so offensive again AIM+ that you would discontinue that but still work on hkSFV. I'm just curious and I wish you all luck. I really do hope the best for you, and AIM+.
I guessing you all never had people do attack on you person lifes. I just had the phone calls and minor things done to me at one time or another and it really makes life hard to put up with. It makes it hard to get anything done. You get to the point were you do not like answering the phone. My mom had a problem with a parent of one of her students. This parent would call out house at all hours of the night. They would wake up my entire house at 2-3 am just because they were pissed. I tell you right now it easy for attack to ruin ones life and for doing this for free software it just not worth the trouble to go though with it. I agree with mark and Ryan on the fact that getting the attacks to stop number 1.

One question who here would have there personal live ruined to do something like mark and ryan are doing. Just to make free software
how about we all join an alliance called BTLHOOTOWRAOOL or the Beat the Living Hell Out of the Ones Who Ruined All Of Our Lives (i had to revise it, so that i could make it clean) 8) we could do to them what theyve done to mark and ryan :lol:
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

DaBigBass wrote:
Timelessblurr wrote:
asmily1 wrote: Mark, I'm not saying I don't understand (see previous posts), I just have trouble understand what could attacks could cause so much harm. I agree, if the attacks were so disruptive, then there's no point. But I just don't understand what could be so offensive again AIM+ that you would discontinue that but still work on hkSFV. I'm just curious and I wish you all luck. I really do hope the best for you, and AIM+.
I guessing you all never had people do attack on you person lifes. I just had the phone calls and minor things done to me at one time or another and it really makes life hard to put up with. It makes it hard to get anything done. You get to the point were you do not like answering the phone. My mom had a problem with a parent of one of her students. This parent would call out house at all hours of the night. They would wake up my entire house at 2-3 am just because they were pissed. I tell you right now it easy for attack to ruin ones life and for doing this for free software it just not worth the trouble to go though with it. I agree with mark and Ryan on the fact that getting the attacks to stop number 1.

One question who here would have there personal live ruined to do something like mark and ryan are doing. Just to make free software
how about we all join an alliance called BTLHOOTOWRAOOL or the Beat the Living Hell Out of the Ones Who Ruined All Of Our Lives (i had to revise it, so that i could make it clean) 8) we could do to them what theyve done to mark and ryan :lol:

I would love to join... Where do i sign:D
razorbuzz
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by razorbuzz »

kloipus wrote:I just have one last thing to say... F*CK YOU hackers. :evil:
For the record, whomever was doing this was NOT a hacker.

Mark, Ryan, myself, and countless others are hackers. Hackers would never do such a thing.
Hacker Definition is the correct, and proper, definition for a hacker. Be sure and read the last sentence in #8. A Cracker is NOT a hacker. Feel free to do your own search, even on something as simple as Yahoo! you will find that definition to be the standard. The media has distorted the image of true hackers, please do not fall prey to it.

White hat? Black hat?
Me, I wear a gray hat..and refuse to work on a RedHat (Slackware and Open are the preferred.)

-=Me
Last edited by razorbuzz on Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-= Got Buzz? =-
-= www.razorbuzz.net =-
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

I felt compelled to type this up. It took about 20 minutes, so I hope you all can refer to it before posting anything else.

All about the AIM+ happenings

I'll put this in my sig as well. ;) I hope it helps!

Bryan
Bryan T. Villarin
BoFiS

Post by BoFiS »

btvillarin wrote:I felt compelled to type this up. It took about 20 minutes, so I hope you all can refer to it before posting anything else.

Bryan
If you can edit that page you should add in a link to the conversation with Mark:

http://neenmo.com/aim+faq.html

Dan
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

Doh! I forgot that part. Done... :)

(Thanks man!)

Bryan
Bryan T. Villarin
Platinum
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Platinum »

I think AIM+ is an awesome product, but if you guys aren't coming out with a new version, then I have to try something else and I'll recomend it to others as well. Its called DeadAIM 3.0 and it works with the 4.8 and 5.+ versions of AIM. The program works within AIM so it does not use any additional resources.

Again I am sorry that AIM+ 3.0 has been delayed indefinately, but at least there is an alternative.

http://www.jdennis.net
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

The post I made included a list of options, in addition to the reasons and summaries of what happened. Save your typing and read the post in my sig before commencing. ;)

Bryan
Bryan T. Villarin
bfavre4

Post by bfavre4 »

btvillarin wrote:I felt compelled to type this up. It took about 20 minutes, so I hope you all can refer to it before posting anything else.

Bryan

I read your options B and C. Is DeadAIM that bad because it alters and changes the original AIM, and is not like AIM+ where it's standalone?
nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

...Maybe we should stop the cussing and arguing, find out who it is that does this, plot and execute revenge, and release the software. And if you dont like AIM+ or watever try not to enter the forum just to cuss and defame what work others have done.
SpeedyGonGoalie
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by SpeedyGonGoalie »

Ok, first of all, I would like to say that I registered here for the sole purpose of making this post, and following this forum. I never used AIM+, but I was looking forward to the release of the new program as much as anybody. And I was as frustrated as anyone when I tried to get the new software and only got an error message. And I admit I started using deadaim. But I fully support Mark and Ryan's decision to stop the release of 3.0 and to halt it's development. I'm disappointed, and I too would like a more detailed explanation, but that's not for us to ask for if they don't want to tell us about it.

As for new products, can I make a suggestion? I'd like to use the AIM feature of Netscape 8.0. However, I won't give up the features of real AIM to do it. A program which alters Netscape so the integrated AIM program has all the features (and maybe more features) of regular AIM would be much appriciated. I think two things are working against this though: the fact that I may be the only person who uses this, and the fact that Mark and Ryan may be done with AIM programs all together. Oh well, keep up the good work (or more accurately, selfless sacrifice), and to anyone who uses this forum to diss Mark and Ryan, I have an idea for you: Why don't you get a spoon and eat my ass, aight?
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

I'm not sure...I haven't tried it. I'm just gonna use Trillian for the meantime, because I use MSN as well. It has logging, so that's at least a bit cool. Hmm...I should add Trillian to that list, too. :lol:

Bryan
Bryan T. Villarin