The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

DaBigBass

Post by DaBigBass »

in order for one to truly worry about the future, they should look @ the past, the developments that led up to the present, and whats being done for the future...currently, the past seems shady (at least until most of our questions are answered), and the present is on a long hold..what does that say about the future? :-?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
JeRSeY HeAvEn 823

Post by JeRSeY HeAvEn 823 »

Once this mess is over I hope the guys can get back to work without "bad moods" I'm sure others will make new ad ons for AIM. it's a hobby. But we all can't forget about what a great site this is and how much Ryan and Marc did for us. There's a quote... "HARD WORK ALWAYS PAYS OFF" I'm not sure what to say about this. :-?
"If there were no computers the world would be nothing. If there was no New York the US would be nothing... (NaMe:JaY - LoC:East Brunswick, New Jersey)
viQ
Just Registered
Just Registered

What workaround?

Post by viQ »

Whatever lame little script kiddies are attacking your site & stuff shouldn't stop you from making AIM+.

That's just weak & you're giving them what they wanted.

And you should release it & let people betatest...

just my thoughts
Yeah... iQ
JeRSeY HeAvEn 823

YEAH. I AGREE. I KNOW THIS STUFFF DIDNT HAPPEN TO ME SO I CANT SAY 100% BUT WHAT'S THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN IF YOU RELEASE A TINY 200K FILE? I MEAN GEEZ WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE - NUKES OR SPYWARE THAT'S AGAINST SOMEONE? MAKES NO SENSE.

I WONDER IF AN AIM ADMIN GUY CAN BE IN THIS TOO OR AOL? :-?
"If there were no computers the world would be nothing. If there was no New York the US would be nothing... (NaMe:JaY - LoC:East Brunswick, New Jersey)
darkmoonz
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by darkmoonz »

Guys, just a) stop putting down Mark and Ryan and b) get used to the fact that new versions of AIM+ will not be out for a while (if ever). It's not like the guys owe us anything, we just download their stuff and give them greif when its not the way we like it. They got burned by some people, and they don't want to do AIM+ anymore. That's not giving in, that's being smart. Leave them alone, what have you done for them?
JeRSeY HeAvEn 823

Guys, just a) stop putting down Mark and Ryan and b) get used to the fact that new versions of AIM+ will not be out for a while (if ever). It's not like the guys owe us anything, we just download their stuff and give them greif when its not the way we like it. They got burned by some people, and they don't want to do AIM+ anymore. That's not giving in, that's being smart. Leave them alone, what have you done for them?

That's a VERY good point. Besides the support and donations what have we done 4 thm :-?
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

JeRSeY HeAvEn 823 wrote:http://forums.btvillarin.com/viewtopic. ... b6740abd4c

THIS IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT FORUM WEBSITE. ODDLY ENOUGH AIM+ IS MENTIONED LIKE 999 TIMES. The Thread above talks about that AIM+ has no spiware and soem people said it did. These guys proved that AIM+ is not spyware. And read the comments. People are so nice. NO flamers there. THanks again. ~*J*~

AIM+ and this website is supported everywhere! It's amazing that when Mark and Ryan were put down by some assholes, but then all of thse people here and ELSEWHERE online all give them support. It couldnt've be said better. These guys work their ass off replying Posts and writing software for free. Great work!
Yeah that is btvillarin's website. He is a member here (pinky avatar) and a friend of mine...
:D
DaBigBass

Post by DaBigBass »

how bout we all gather around in an "e-circle" and sing Kumbaya! yes, that should end the tension and bring 'family values' back into these boards!
if i dont make sense, its perfectly justifiable...ive been denied of aim+ 3.0 ....well that and its late at night right now and ive been sniffing a marker unintentionally (thats what happens when you fill up a white board with formulas you gotta know for a final the next day) :wink:
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

Did someone say my name? ;)

Yeah, that was my first post about AIM+, because of the rumors. For redundancy, I've posted a page of the latest AIM+ information.

http://www.btvillarin.com/aimplus/

*singing off key* Joy to the world...narf narf narf narf! :lol:
Last edited by btvillarin on Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bryan T. Villarin
btvillarin.com | My System Rig
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

If any one would like the log files from last night (Started at 6:30am and only got short *parts* (between 4-5pm i think) cut out). If any one would like the log files I can post them on my site. Or email them to you (I prefer email inless a billion people want the logs). If you would like the logs just tell me what time periods (or all) and I will send them to you

***NOTE***
Mark and Ryan did NOT come into the room last night, and there is limited AIM+ talk (Most talk was about computers in general)
***Note***

Also I did not read (skimed) the last 4 pages so I am repeating anything tell me

I also have part of the IRC log (but I gave up on IRC)

EDIT:
If you would like me to send you the files PM me or email me or IM me but dont say something in this thread because there is a chance I will miss it (When I fall behind I only read the mod's posts and Bryan).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
mzxgiant
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by mzxgiant »

C'mon, you guys! AIM+ has put out some of the best AIM wrapper software many have heard of to date. Most of you have even said it yourselves. Now, because the developers want to have their own life and stop running yours, you want to turn on them??? You guys are jumping the gun too quickly. Other developers will pick up the source code and improve it, probably. But even if they don't, AIM+ has given us all good things. So, more good things are probably to come if you just WAIT.
shrewpashrew
Just Registered
Just Registered

maybe... Open Source?

Post by shrewpashrew »

Maybe you guys could go open source... it'd be the best of both worlds... Aim+ wouldn't end and you guys wouldn't have to do all the work. I'd really hate to see it go down like this... of all the Aim Cloners/Loggers this one is the best by far!!! :roll:
bfavre4

Post by bfavre4 »

How is DeadAIM integrated into AIM? Is it like MyIM where it loads an OCM file into AIM?
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I never figure it out. I took it off my computer because I like the feature that AIM+ had were it ran as a seprite program. Deadaim I guessing changes the AIM program it self because evertime you up date it tell you to run a repiar program part of DEADAIM to change back all the stuff aim change
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Hey can some put togeather a list of like the top ten question that people have been asking about the thing. and post it in the thread. Plus it will make it easier on mark and ryan to answer the questions inside of going though all the pages and finding all of them. I would but I need to go to work

Thanks

Timeless