Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

Tbone2 wrote:SparkleSatine it because we know your such a hot babe.... :lol:
*laughs heartily...twice!*
~Kate~
nirvana

relax

Post by nirvana »

i feel silly for even posting here, but how is it that throughtout this topic, nobody has asked the question "what you talking about with all of this vague, nonsensical 'harassment' stuff?"

i've seen enough people get their PERSONAL INFOZ stolen and posted publically. i'm sure it wouldn't be tough to change your phone number. i doubt people are sending bombs to an AOL PLUGIN programmer's house. comeon now...

you all can't actually be spending this much time, worry, and grief over what is obviously a silly copout of an explanation. so they lost interest, or.... you know, started getting attacked on the street by aim+ haterz.

or maybe "competitors" started sending ninja chimpanzees into their homes to steal the src code.

give it a rest, go download deadaim or myim or one of the others, or use something else entirely.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Re: relax

Post by Big-O Mark »

nirvana wrote:i feel silly for even posting here, but how is it that throughtout this topic, nobody has asked the question "what you talking about with all of this vague, nonsensical 'harassment' stuff?"
This has been discussed to the fullest extent we can, here:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=2265
-Mark
Big-O Software
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

I think *everything* has been discussed to the fullest extent at this point.

Right now this thread is only housing transparent attempts by myself to sell services of the sexual nautre (presumedly anyway) to the Big-O's as an offering for the release (no pun intended...*shrug* well, maybe it is).
~Kate~
fuoco
Just Registered
Just Registered

Here's an idea...

Post by fuoco »

Hey Big-O, why not just remove your info from WhoIs lookup and change your phone number. That should stop the harrassing phone calls (not sure about the address... you getting mail too???). After that, you can change your email address(es) or just ban senders to minimize hate mail. You could then simply ban IPs and hopefully that would minimize DOS attacks.

Just an idea...

-Rob
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

Actually, I'm kinda wondering why their info is even on there...
~Kate~
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Re: Here's an idea...

Post by Master Jedi »

fuoco wrote:Hey Big-O, why not just remove your info from WhoIs lookup and change your phone number. That should stop the harrassing phone calls (not sure about the address... you getting mail too???). After that, you can change your email address(es) or just ban senders to minimize hate mail. You could then simply ban IPs and hopefully that would minimize DOS attacks.

Just an idea...

-Rob
Banning IPs is not gonna minimize DDOS (phreakers taking control of vulnerable computers on te internet and using them all for denial of service attacks) and I think that's what they were getting.
rare_as_six
Just Registered
Just Registered

prove me wrong

Post by rare_as_six »

wow---nearly fifty pages; i figured people would move have abandonned this by now, but i guess it just goes to show how committed people are!

but honestly, whatever the reason is, i dont think AIM+ is going to be released. at all. ever. *sigh,* yes it's a tad depressing, but i think we can all move on with our lives now.

just a thought :-?
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Re: prove me wrong

Post by Dice599 »

rare_as_six wrote:wow---nearly fifty pages; i figured people would move have abandonned this by now, but i guess it just goes to show how committed people are!

but honestly, whatever the reason is, i dont think AIM+ is going to be released. at all. ever. *sigh,* yes it's a tad depressing, but i think we can all move on with our lives now.

Its not that we haven't abandoned this thread, it's just that new people dont read anything and keep posting stupid questions or other stuff like that.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
rare_as_six
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: prove me wrong

Post by rare_as_six »

Dice599 wrote:
rare_as_six wrote:wow---nearly fifty pages; i figured people would move have abandonned this by now, but i guess it just goes to show how committed people are!

Its not that we haven't abandoned this thread, it's just that new people dont read anything and keep posting stupid questions or other stuff like that.
yea, i guess you're right--it just seems to me that people have sort of, i dunno, gotten off topic? and yea, i guess, looking back on the 40-something pages before this one, there have been a lot of questions from people who could just get their answers by PAYING ATTENTION.

but whatever, it's all good :D
fuoco
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by fuoco »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:
fuoco wrote:Hey Big-O, why not just remove your info from WhoIs lookup and change your phone number. That should stop the harrassing phone calls (not sure about the address... you getting mail too???). After that, you can change your email address(es) or just ban senders to minimize hate mail. You could then simply ban IPs and hopefully that would minimize DOS attacks.

Just an idea...

-Rob
Banning IPs is not gonna minimize DDOS (phreakers taking control of vulnerable computers on te internet and using them all for denial of service attacks) and I think that's what they were getting.
OK, but if you read at all, DOS attacks aren't the big issue anyways. Why doesn't Big-O just remove their personal info from the whois lookup?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

fuoco wrote:OK, but if you read at all, DOS attacks aren't the big issue anyways. Why doesn't Big-O just remove their personal info from the whois lookup?
Because legally you can not, in less you register with Register.com. However with register.com you still provide Register.com with your infomation (this would save the problems of mark and ryan if this was the problem to begin with). Register.com would then be able to provide your info for legal reasons.

If Big-O did want to do it this way they would have to transfer their domain from their current domain register to Register.com, and then also pay the extra fee for the service. This would easily be more then $20, and when you dont make a profit on the site thats is too much, and anyways the people making threats already have this info so it would not work.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

The only info in te whois is:

Domain Name: BIG-O-SOFTWARE.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS1.CHOOPA.COM