Shell Extension

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

ToeKing

Shell Extension

Post by ToeKing »

I looked through the first page of topics and didn't see this, so I dunno if it's been requested or not. I would like to have a shell extension for sending files to people. Trillian has this, but the file transfer for that seems to not work incredibly well (you can't send whole directories and whatnot...). I don't know how hard it would be to make it so you can right click a file or directory and have an option to send to an online user. Any thoughts, comments, flames? Oh wait, no flames.
Speebs

Post by Speebs »

I believe the latest version of AIM has this feature.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

The latest version of AIM indeed has shell extensions built in. Just right click the file/directory you want to send to a buddy, choose "Send To," and from there you have the options to send it to an AIM buddy or an AIM share.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Just to further clarify, I think it is only the latest beta of AIM that has this feature.

The link to the AIM Beta page is in the AIM+ FAQ, and in the AIM+ README file: http://www.aim.com/get_aim/win/win_beta.adp
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Speebs

Post by Speebs »

I used to have the beta installed but I installed 4.8.2646, and I have "AIM Buddy", etc. in my "Send To" list.

hmm.. suppose you had AIM+ cloned, so you were running two instances of AIM, and you tried to send a file using the shell extension. How would AIM know which instance to use? Could be a potential problem....