New Mice vs. Old Mice

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Big-O Ryan wrote:
DADINK13 wrote:Mmmm....five-button mouse....optical five-button mouse...optical five-button mouse WITH wheel....mmmmm.. :wink:

Yea, I love my mouse. My mouse and my Max Payne mousepad. Gotta love 'em.
Wireless, too, right?
Heheh, nope. I don't like the fact that they use batteries. :-?
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:
aclauser wrote:I hate those 3 button mice... I cant imagine 5...
It's awkward when you're first getting used to it, but after a while it's great. I'm so used to my trackball I can't stand regular mice anymore.
The fourth and fifth buttons are on the sides of the mouse, and are normally used for going back and forward in your web browser.

They also come in very handy with some games. In Half-Life I use the fourth button (the one on the left side) for reloading my weapons. Very handy.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

After I posted about hating the 3 button mice and not know how I could possibly deal with a 5 button one I relized its not across :rolls eyes at self:. My mom's bf has a five button mouse and I love it (two standard buttons, two side... and the wheel counts as the 5th?).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

a long time ago i had the privledge of goinf straight from a 2 button balled mouse to a 5 button (it was still ball, but thats not the point, lol)

then about 2 months later the damn thing just died :(

so i got a taste of the extreme awesomeness of a 5 button and had to go back to a 3 button.
(at least it was laser tho :wink: )

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I have a five button optical mouse :) I love it. Some of the machines at school don't have scroll wheels and I want to rip the mice out of the box and chuck them across the room... but I don't.
:D
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

jester22c wrote:I have a five button optical mouse :) I love it. Some of the machines at school don't have scroll wheels and I want to rip the mice out of the box and chuck them across the room... but I don't.
LOL, I know the feeling. When I'm helping somebody fix their computer and I reach for the wheel, I get the urge for a split second to rip the mouse off and throw it in the path of an oncoming Freshman. 8)
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

lol..... i always used to bring one of my usb optical's to school..... they had the front of the cases exposed (so we could like use certain cd's and stuff) and it just happens to be thet there was usb there too :)

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

My HS would freak if we plugged any thing into one of their computers. Here they take XP preinstalled and throw NT onto them. Now here is the kicker... Their servers can support XP...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Shocking! I can't believe there are still institutions in the US that are installing NT4.0. There are a lot of paranoid IT Managers out there that refuse to get with the newer innovations because they don't trust what they don't understand.

Ray
nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

I use 3 button mouse, cant wait to get a 5- button...I definitely get optical cuz i hate those mousepads..i wanna chew em up and let my dog paly with them....Im going to stick with corded mouses too because i not rich enough to pay for batteries..hahaha and..... SCROLLLER ROCKS.
bigjesse

Post by bigjesse »

im too lazy to et a new mouse, i have a basic liek 5 dollar mouse, lol
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

A cordless mouse would not work in this house. I would never have my mouse at the keyboard ever and the people taking it away from the keyboard would lose the stupid thing.

Anyone ever find the TV remote in the fridge :o ?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Matt

Post by Matt »

aclauser wrote:Anyone ever find the TV remote in the fridge :o ?
LMAO...My friends family is the same way!
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

aclauser wrote:A cordless mouse would not work in this house. I would never have my mouse at the keyboard ever and the people taking it away from the keyboard would lose the stupid thing.

Anyone ever find the TV remote in the fridge :o ?
You always find strange stuff in the fridge that should never be there. I found a remote, telephone, my cell phone and names tage in our fridge. The cell phone I think was me. I was getting and apple and I just got off the my cell and see it down. I thought it was strange when it I heard it ring in there....
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
ZildjianB

Post by ZildjianB »

5 button optical mice rule!!

I had to use a Mac with the typical Apple one button mouse last week--that is a form of torture no one should ever have to live through. How do Mac users ever get anything done?