updating website files

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

bigjesse

updating website files

Post by bigjesse »

would this be usefull to see if a user has updated a certian page on a site. Soemtimes i accienly upload a "old" version of a page and the site loses the new data till the person uploads it again. but can i somehow get the program toc heckw hich have been updated, or is there just a cmmand line to see this?
punkster103
Addict
Addict

Post by punkster103 »

Type that over and spell everything correctly please, I can't understand anything you're trying to say. :D
Prouderesterest Moderator of the Schwippy.com forums.
Look! I can make an egg stand up on the first day of spring and winter! Can you? :D
Matt

Post by Matt »

this is what I interpreted:

"This [an unknown program??] would be useful to see if a user has updated a certain page on a site. Sometimes I accidently upload an "old" version of a page and the site loses the new data untill the person uploads it again. Can I somehow get the program to check which has been updated, or is there just a command line to see this?"

I am not sure what program you are talking about, but I do know that in a standard FTP program, it tells you how old the file is that you would be uploading. For example, with WS FTP, a file I uploaded on August 12, 2002 at 1:30 PM (random date & time) would say 20020812 13:30 next to the file.

Also, normally when you are trying to upload a page, the program will warn you if you are uploading a older version of the file than is already on the server.

If you want to try WS_FTP...then follow this link: http://www.ftpplanet.com/download.htm
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain