AIM+ Tip

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Matt

AIM+ Tip

Post by Matt »

Just so that everyone knows-

A quick and easy way to make sure that you open aim+ and not plain aim is to go to start --> run and type in AIM+. This way, you have no doubt that you are running it (because I have seen stuff (and gotten a lot of msgs from people that are unsure of what they are running) about the fact that people aren't sure that they are actually running AIM+).

Maybe this should be a sticky or something...not that anyone looks at the announcements and/or stickys.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
AnyoneEB

Post by AnyoneEB »

I thought it was pretty obvious when AIM opened because of the annoying ads. I've had AIM open on start-up instead of AIM+ sometimes, but not always.
j Unit 2oo3
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by j Unit 2oo3 »

thanks for the tip.
They call me Jahama.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I forget when I added the ability to just type "aim+" in the run box, but I'm glad that somebody other than me noticed it. 8)
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

there is another way. that is go to the aim short cut and change it target to aim+. that works for me. It a lot less typing and clicking every time i use aim+ and I always know what I am using
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Here's another tip: this is what I did..

Make a shortcut for AIM+ on your desktop. If you're one of those people who don't start AIM when thier computer starts, that way you'll know you're always running AIM+ when you start AIM.

What I did was make the shortcut for AIM+ on my desktop, except renamed it to "AOL Instant Messenger." That way, you'll never have to keep opening the run box..you got AIM+ just a mouse-click (or two) away.

I thought I'd throw in my two cents.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I put a shortcut to AIM+ in my QuickLaunch bar and I added another shortcut in my Startup folder on my start menu.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

me I just change the taget of the aim short cuts to AIM+. I noticed that works very well 2
Matt

Post by Matt »

Wow...I had forgotten I had posted this!!

But yea...the Run Dialog has never failed me...especially since that's what I use to open all my programs...that and the quick launch menu...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I'm a desktop person. All of my icons are on my desktop. I'm still in the process or rebuilding it since I formatted my machine a while ago..But there were over 70 icons on my desktop. :o
Matt

Post by Matt »

LoL

I have about 100 icons...I just counted...

Prolly 95% of them are ones I dont use like MSWORD and such...

The reason I have so much is that I automatically have my browser save files it ddl's to the desktop...and even though I'm always running the Unused Desktop Wizard...and I always end up with more I can handle with...
-Matt
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

DADINK13 wrote:I'm a desktop person. All of my icons are on my desktop. I'm still in the process or rebuilding it since I formatted my machine a while ago..But there were over 70 icons on my desktop. :o
damn is all I have to day. I hate clutter desktops. me I a folder person and I like it all orgizan some what on my desktop other wise i got nuts trying to find the stuff i need
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Timelessblurr wrote:damn is all I have to day. I hate clutter desktops. me I a folder person and I like it all orgizan some what on my desktop other wise i got nuts trying to find the stuff i need
Well it wasn't cluttered. I had them organized. On the far right I have all of my physical drives (ZIP, my three hard drives, and my CD-ROM drives), with my recycle bin at the bottom of that column. My games were on the right side in alphabetical order. Top left is My Computer, followed by My Network Places, My Documents, a shorcut to My Music, then IE and Netscape, Outlook, AIM and ICQ, then my utilities (Norton SystemWorks, etc..), then my audio players, followed by my graphic editing suites, then my audio editing, ripping, burning software.

Confusing I know, but if you would actually see for yourself, just follow the link below. The picture's old--from before I formatted my machine, but at least it gives you an idea of my "clutter." :lol:

http://www.geocities.com/dadink13/desktop.jpg
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Timelessblurr wrote:
DADINK13 wrote:I'm a desktop person. All of my icons are on my desktop. I'm still in the process or rebuilding it since I formatted my machine a while ago..But there were over 70 icons on my desktop. :o
damn is all I have to day. I hate clutter desktops. me I a folder person and I like it all orgizan some what on my desktop other wise i got nuts trying to find the stuff i need
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Add a REG_DWORD value called NoDesktop and set its value to 1.

Now you will not see ANY icons on your desktop.
bigjesse

Post by bigjesse »

is there some kind of interactive desktop, that would be a reall kool thing

liek click on a foldetr and it goes to the folder on your desktop, ther are so many options i can think of right now if this was real, if it is please tell me