Poll: What AIM Add-on do you use now?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

What AIM Add-on do you use now?

AIM+ with AIM 4.8
33%
AIM+ with AIM 5.x
23%
DeadAIM
34%
MyIM
1%
Extreme Messenger
4%
AIM Frame
No votes
Messenger Plus
No votes
GAIM
No votes
Other (please post)
4%

Total votes: 70

[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

i did use dead aim for a bit but i dont like it at all n currently i dont use nething...but sumtimes i use 4.8 w/ aim+
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
digitalant
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by digitalant »

I haven't been on the big bad bandwagon of add ons for IM till recently (although I have been an IM avid user for several years). I am currently using DEADAim and like it. There are a few bugs that need to be worked out, but overall it is great. The tabbing feature, which I desparately need is not what it could be. From what it seems AIM+ had it down pretty well- too bad!

-digitalant
Birdman
Just Registered
Just Registered

MyIM

Post by Birdman »

I've been using MyIM for a while now, up until I made the mistake of upgrading to AIM 5. Later I discovered if you ran clone.exe, I could still clone AIM, but the other features were lost. I found AIM 4.8 at the MyIM homepage and got that back, and downgraded. There aren't any features in AIM 5 worth having in my mind, so I will sacrifice it for MyIM's sake.

What Grimes (a simpsons character for those who don't know) is saying is that since MyIM was always seen as copying AIM+ almost exactly, now that AIM+ is dead, MyIM is also dead along w/ it. I think it was meant as more humerous than factual.
On a side note, if you look at the version history dates, MyIM came out before AIM+.
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Re: MyIM

Post by Dice599 »

Birdman wrote:I've been using MyIM for a while now, up until I made the mistake of upgrading to AIM 5. Later I discovered if you ran clone.exe, I could still clone AIM, but the other features were lost. I found AIM 4.8 at the MyIM homepage and got that back, and downgraded. There aren't any features in AIM 5 worth having in my mind, so I will sacrifice it for MyIM's sake.

What Grimes (a simpsons character for those who don't know) is saying is that since MyIM was always seen as copying AIM+ almost exactly, now that AIM+ is dead, MyIM is also dead along w/ it. I think it was meant as more humerous than factual.
On a side note, if you look at the version history dates, MyIM came out before AIM+.
I did not know that...it's just running joke...and I'm stayin' with AIM 5.x cuz I can't live w/o the typing indicator.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I just install AIM 4.8 at d:\program files\aim95 and AIM 5.x at d:\program files\aim5... Best of both worlds
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

aclauser has got the idea lol, but i dont like any other programs really except aim+, the only one i would ever use which i dont is DeadAIM
tone
ZildjianB

Post by ZildjianB »

I now reluctantly use DeadAIM only to have 5.x compatibility... but it is nothing compared to AIM+. DeadAIM definitely needs a lot of work.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

yes dead AIM need a lot of work. Basicly unless you have windows XP (like me) dont bother getting. Most of the good feature require the uses of XP. Since this computer is running windows ME it can not clone with it. all dead Aim has that does not need XP that I even like is ad remove (which is easy to live withouT) and a history logger which can not log history in real time (also I just got the one the some made here (sorry i can not remeber who right now) it works just as well
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
ZildjianB

Post by ZildjianB »

Timelessblur wrote:yes dead AIM need a lot of work. Basicly unless you have windows XP (like me) dont bother getting. Most of the good feature require the uses of XP. Since this computer is running windows ME it can not clone with it. all dead Aim has that does not need XP that I even like is ad remove (which is easy to live withouT) and a history logger which can not log history in real time (also I just got the one the some made here (sorry i can not remeber who right now) it works just as well
Do you have any programming tools? If so you can remove the ads without an AIM plug-in. It's pretty painless.

EDIT: Actually, all you need it notepad. Here's a link that explains how to do it.

NOTE: Screw around with AIM at your own risk 8)
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I would hate the grey area. Mostly the add remove just makes it look nicer on the eyes and look less clutter but is something I can live with. cloning on the other hand....
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
mafiafromrussia

Post by mafiafromrussia »

i got aim+ with that aim 4.8. but recently got a problem so i'm kinda switching to deadaim now i think?
visit the great "Spammers Paradise " @

http://xsivforce.x-istence.com
Stealth725

Post by Stealth725 »

i use aim+ with aim 5.2.3704 beta. i also use the little patch thing that i found that completely removes the advertisements and the area where the ads were (http://discuss.big-o-software.com/view ... hp?t=2504)... its perfect, there is nothing that doesnt work
MrMiniMog
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by MrMiniMog »

i use AIM+ with AIM 4.7.2442 :D

and i have no problems at all :P
Stealth725

Post by Stealth725 »

MrMiniMog wrote:i use AIM+ with AIM 4.7.2442 :D

and i have no problems at all :P
lolll at least use aim 4.8...
Slvia