xhtml

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

xhtml

Post by Robpol86 »

Ok, im here trying to convert my site to xhtml since w3 says its gonna b the script of the future (@ least xml will b but xhtml will also work). Thats not my prob. My site uses frames, and some frames have the scrolling="on, off, auto" whicher of the three. But it keeps telling me that the scrolling attribute is not allowed. Is there ne alts here for scrolling?
fuuucckkers

Re: xhtml

Post by fuuucckkers »

Robpol86 wrote:Ok, im here trying to convert my site to xhtml since w3 says its gonna b the script of the future (@ least xml will b but xhtml will also work). Thats not my prob. My site uses frames, and some frames have the scrolling="on, off, auto" whicher of the three. But it keeps telling me that the scrolling attribute is not allowed. Is there ne alts here for scrolling?
It should work but you have to apply the correct DTD for the elements to take efftect. You want the Frames DTD for XHTML.
This one: (just put it at the very top of every page)

<!DOCTYPE html
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">

And if you're trying to make it XHTML compliant, then obviously you would want to validate your code against the W3C. You can do that here:
http://validator.w3.org/

..:::EDIT:::..
I just re-read what you wrote.. and no there is not 'scrolling' alternatives to make it work. The 'scrolling' attrib is used with Frames only, and you must have the Frames DTD in place if you want to validate it properly. I'm guessing you have Strict or Transitional in place ?
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

whoops, i accidentially had scrolling in <frameset> instead of <frame />
I use the dtd of frameset and test it w/ the w3c validator. But now, i cant get the border="0" or border ="no" to work. Keeps telling me that border isnt a valid attrib or sumthin. i know this goes in <frameset>. Other than that everything else works.
oh yea, right now explorer.exe is dead but i can use the run task in the taskmanager to get ie opened. but whats weird is when i open the taskmanager, the icon appears in my tray like its suppose to, its all animated with the bar and stuff, but my entire taskbar and all the tray items r dead. weird huh?