'Enhanced' Audio CDs

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

and in the future, if all else fails... do it in the 'brute force' way of media..... :)

put the cd in a regular cd player..... take line out from your CD player and put it into line in on your sound card........ get pretty any audio recoder program.......... play the cd.......... record from your computer...... save as MP3's!! :D

lol

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Plasma2002b wrote:and in the future, if all else fails... do it in the 'brute force' way of media..... :)

put the cd in a regular cd player..... take line out from your CD player and put it into line in on your sound card........ get pretty any audio recoder program.......... play the cd.......... record from your computer...... save as MP3's!! :D
lol
But yet... your way wont work. Because I already said, it wont play on the computer. There are NO music files, it's just a Flash EXE, and a few others.. there are NO .CDA music files on the CD.
Jester22c wrote:Try CDEX [ http://www.cdex.n3.net/ ] I use that to rip all my audio and I havn't found a cd that it couldn't handle yet

-- Let me know if it works
Jester, Thanks. I'll try that with the other CDs I haven't ripped yet. But normally I'll use MusicMatch JukeBox Pro, it takes only a few minutes to rip an entire CD (averaging about 12 or so tracks).
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:But yet... your way wont work. Because I already said, it wont play on the computer. There are NO music files, it's just a Flash EXE, and a few others.. there are NO .CDA music files on the CD.

Your CD PLAYER not your cdrom... It WILL work :)
:D
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

jester22c wrote:
x Wasted Mind x wrote:But yet... your way wont work. Because I already said, it wont play on the computer. There are NO music files, it's just a Flash EXE, and a few others.. there are NO .CDA music files on the CD.

Your CD PLAYER not your cdrom... It WILL work :)
Ahh... haha. I'm too lazy. Also, I've already ripped them to mp3s...so no need! :)
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

jester22c wrote:Your CD PLAYER not your cdrom... It WILL work :)
Actually, there are things to prevent that too, though I doubt that kind of copy protection would be on a CD. Some DVD players have something called Macrovision that prevents users from copying the DVD to video casette by attaching appropriate cables from the DVD player to a VCR. MY DVD player *used* to have this 'feature' until I...err...fixed it.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

Master Jedi wrote:prevents users from copying the DVD to video casette by attaching appropriate cables from the DVD player to a VCR.

i dont understand how things like that work......

now heres my theory.....

If you can hook your DVD player up to your TV set with say, an S-Video wire, then WHY couldnt you just hook that S-Video cable into your VCR and pretty the record button?

your TV sees the signal, but why would it record differently if teh VCR is just a tuner like the TV itself.

and im not talking in terms of just an S-Video cable...... i guess the thing applies to coax, RGB, S-Video, and the other few formats out there. (optical?)

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Plasma2002b wrote:If you can hook your DVD player up to your TV set with say, an S-Video wire, then WHY couldnt you just hook that S-Video cable into your VCR and pretty the record button?
Macrovision is a technology that prevents exactly what you described. When a video signal encoded with Macrovision is recorded by a VCR, the recording will be garbage -- but it can play fine on a TV. It's been in widespread use on commercial VHS tapes for over a decade, and many (if not most) DVD players use it to encode their output. There are devices and VCRs that can negate the effects after the fact, and allow you to record it, but few people have them. Most people don't bother, because..

Recording a CD or DVD this way is an analog copy. +1 generation, yuck.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Go here for a short explanation of MacroVision. It doesn't get into the details, but it helps explain.

http://www.wdln.tv/Info.htm