Taxes are due today

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Taxes are due today

Post by Timelessblur »

I firgure this is for all the people who forgot Taxes are have to be mailed today. I just finish mine (Turbo Tax is a great time saver). I had to download my w2 after is got lost somehow since I started doing my taxes before work. then the computer save over my file. It a nice bug in the program my dad and I learned about because our first intion startes with a T. even though we saved them in diffent spots. Well I finish mine up at 1:20 AM 4/15/03 (the only joy is it is 2 days unitl my b-day now) and I getting back 276.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Kinda waiting until the 11th hour to do your taxes, eh?
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Michael wrote:Kinda waiting until the 11th hour to do your taxes, eh?
Really I wanted to do them earily but my dad puts it off until last mininet because 9 times out of 10 he has to pay to goverment more money so he did not get the tax program until yesterday. Besides it took me all of 15-20 mins to do all my taxes. I had to kill 15 mins wait for my w2 to get email to me since the orginal got lost in during the 5 hours I was at work.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Crap, I still haven't mailed mine out yet..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Big-O Ryan wrote:Crap, I still haven't mailed mine out yet..
Hahaha.. I had mine done over the phone. Tele-File :D
I did that about 2 months ago.. I got back almost $270.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Big-O Ryan wrote:Crap, I still haven't mailed mine out yet..
my dads mailling out ours today.
Me I am have my 276 dircutly deposted into my checking account. I got me refund about a month before my dad got his because he was having the check mailed (personly I like the dirct deposted for the refund check. I been meaning to do that for my pay check from work but I never got around to it and now that I am going ot resign in less than 4 months I never going to do it)
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

There is no way I'm giving the IRS an "easy ticket" to my personal financial information. I will not be doing any kind of e-filing or direct deposit arrangement with the gov't until I have no other choice. My parents have friends who work or have worked for the IRS and they told my parents that they are using the e-filing systems to find people to audit easier. Since it is all computerized they can flag and harrass someone much quicker than if you submit paper.

Personally, I am a big supporter of the Federal Sales tax. With the Federal Sales Tax, all people contribute to the tax coffers. I read that in the late 90's the IRS was reporting an excess of 10 million people not filing their taxes. Some of those people who make a living doing illicit activities (i.e. drug dealing). With the Federal Sales Tax, those people would have no choice to pay their tax or they would have to stop spending money. The tax wouldn't have to be a very large percentage (in fact probably a fraction of 1%) to equal what they are getting now.
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Did you all know that you can file for an automatic extension online and not have to do your taxes until the end of August?
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

hmmmm.......

well.......

looks like im gonna fall under the catagory of 'tax evasion' this year......

:|

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

Man... I had mine done months ago and already have the refund. Its enough to cover about half of the cost of my summer classes...
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

You all could be like my Dad. He does not like getting refunds. He perfers to pay the goverment more money because the means that he had that extra month though out hte year. For example if he gets a $1200 refund that means it could of had an extra 100 a month instead of having to wait until he gets his refund. THe more I think about it the more I inclean to agree with him. the less I get back in my refund means that the more I got each week in my pay cheak to spend sooner.
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Moon Child wrote:Man... I had mine done months ago and already have the refund. Its enough to cover about half of the cost of my summer classes...
Yeah, I had mine done quite a while ago, too. My refund is sitting safely in my bank account, waiting for me to go off to college.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Michael wrote:Yeah, I had mine done quite a while ago, too. My refund is sitting safely in my bank account, waiting for me to go off to college.
Mine is in safely in the bank account as well... but It's waiting to pay back the school loans.. :-?