The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

shthap3ns
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by shthap3ns »

This most likely has been asked already, but I'm too lazy to search through 52 pages to look for the answer.

Why not make AIM+ for AIM 5.0 open source? No doubt someone will take the project on and we'll all have a new AIM+ to enjoy.

After typing that I realized I could just use the search function. I'm posting this anyway though. :)
http://bored.wtdesigns.org - for.the.bored
http://www.wtdesigsn.org - quality.templates.

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

shthap3ns wrote:This most likely has been asked already, but I'm too lazy to search through 52 pages to look for the answer.

Why not make AIM+ for AIM 5.0 open source? No doubt someone will take the project on and we'll all have a new AIM+ to enjoy.

After typing that I realized I could just use the search function. I'm posting this anyway though. :)
It's been answered. No.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Open source has been asked and answered many times. You can find answers to just about every question here:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=2265
-Mark
Big-O Software
ashtray
Addict
Addict

Post by ashtray »

i've read all the responses to the repetitive questions and most of the 53 page discussion, but i have a quesation. Has anything changed? There haven't been any updates on the situation since december (or at least that i've heard...)
::preparing for the bombardment of "stupid question" posts::
please stop. now.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I think if anything changed, they would tell us.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Master Jedi wrote:I think if anything changed, they would tell us.
Agreed.

ashtray wrote:::preparing for the bombardment of "stupid question" posts::
Why post then?! Just leave it be.. nothing will ever come on AIM+. If something did, they would post and let us know. This needs to be locked for the millionth GA-Gillionth time! Aaaaaaaaahhh!! :o
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

Meh. It'll go away eventually.
~Kate~
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

This thread hasn't been posted on in a while
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

Good call there.
~Kate~
thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

I just wanted to add that big-o-software should just close this site since they no longer support any of their software, and refuse to update any of it because they are afraid of their shadows. I have used aim+ for a while, and its said that they are so afraid of god knows what. i wouldnt be surprised if they had a working version for aim 5.x that they use but they wont release it cause they are afraid of god knows what

dont give me teh whole its free speech i know that, and i would pay for a new version.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

................................................ they dont JUST make aim+..... they also make other types of software like hkSFV and more soon to come
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

thecaptainjs wrote:I just wanted to add that big-o-software should just close this site since they no longer support any of their software, and refuse to update any of it because they are afraid of their shadows. I have used aim+ for a while, and its said that they are so afraid of god knows what. i wouldnt be surprised if they had a working version for aim 5.x that they use but they wont release it cause they are afraid of god knows what
Simply because AIM+ is no longer in development does not mean that Big-O Software is dead. There is a new version of hkSFV currently in devlopment, and we do have plans for it beyond its next release. We also have new software in developmental and planning stages. These very forums have become a vibrant community.

You may have no use for hkSFV. You may not like what comes next. I do not know. Big-O Software is much more than just AIM+. I hope more people can get used to this idea.
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Big-O Mark wrote:I do not know. Big-O Software is much more than just AIM+. I hope more people can get used to this idea.
Hopefully more people would.. :roll:

I don't even have a use for hkSFV, but I tell people about it and such--who knows when somebody would need something like that. And I don't know about you guys, but I'm very interested in these "new projects" that Mark and Ryan talk about all the time

...but that's for a different thread. :wink:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

thecaptainjs wrote:I just wanted to add that big-o-software should just close this site since they no longer support any of their software, and refuse to update any of it because they are afraid of their shadows. I have used aim+ for a while, and its said that they are so afraid of god knows what. i wouldnt be surprised if they had a working version for aim 5.x that they use but they wont release it cause they are afraid of god knows what

dont give me teh whole its free speech i know that, and i would pay for a new version.
The site is NOT dead. Hell I dont come here for the soft-ware anymore at all (still looking forward for some new stuff). I think I can speak for the active member when I say we come here for the forums. I know the forums is the reason I come here day in and days out.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

After 19 years of no use for hkSFV, and almost 1 year of knowing about it I suddenly have a use for it... Just because people at the current time do not have a use for it does not in any way mean they never will...

... And then you have the people that have been using hkSFV for a long time, and if Mark and Ryan's comments are true it's the best for it's task... Which at this rate would suggest the next program will be the very best for it's task.

I in no way doubt the ability of Ryan or Mark, and for anyone to do so is at a major disadvantage IMO.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ