Post your Rants here!

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Okay...I have a real reason to be pissed off. It's not a bullshit reason--it involves a car.

The transmission in our minivan has a BIG leak. I mean a B-I-G leak. It's so big that the transmission fluid I put into it came out in a nice steady stream. The tranny case was completely empty when I started filling it. I'm afriad the tranny's shot now. The pan has to have a crack in it somewhere, or maybe it's even in the tranny casing--I can't get under it enough to really get a good look. All I know is that our van is not driveable right now--and that's bad considering I have to go to work and my mother has errands to run..... :x

....with just one car.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Ouch man that sucks. and to fix a traning it cost like 700 bucks with labor to have it replaced...............
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I hate the stupid emmisoin test they are forceing me to take where I live. My car inspectoing exeperd last month and today I took it in to inspect and I fail the test pretty baddly. From what the guy told me I prouble going to have to replace my Cat. A stock cat cost 700 bucks. If I can find an after market one that those run at aruond 200-300. Also I may have a computer problem since my engin is running rich. I know it not the O2 secsor since I just replaced that. Right now I need to take my car somewhere where they understand the damn numbers and can tell me all that wrong with it. DAMN YOU HOUSTON DAMN YOU TO HELL
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Be glad you don't live in NYS. We have some of the stricktest emmissions laws in the country--right next to California and Massachustates. Basically, if your car can pass emissions in Cali, you'll pass everywhere else.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

well I would be in even worst trouble in those states. Right now my unburt Hidro carbons are 2 times the limit at low speeds and over 50 ppm at high speeds. Now my NO at low speeds I barily pass it but at I speeds I pretty much well over the limit. Now my CO number are really good and pretty low. May dad look at the resuelt of the test and he tellimg me that the numbers are not adding up right. He finds it odd that a lot of the number are so when my O2 in the exost is so low and he finds it hard to beleive that you NO rating is soposed to go down at higher speeds (Mines went up a lot). He works in the Chemical industy and telling me the number look pretty odd. But he did tell me that it may just be as easy as my timing needs to be advances. He also hoping it not my computer that messing up. I would not be suprised if it just is my timing since my car is over 10 years old. I mostly worryed about my Cat giving out that part cost way to damn much to replace
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Mwahaha.. our state of Florida doesn't have Emissions testing. Our stupid Governor thinks that Emissions are good enough that we don't need them. So they removed the law from the books. :)

That was like 4 years ago..
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

it no the eniter state that has emmison test here. Harra will understand since he lives in houston 2. I just Harris county and the contry around Harris county. I live in Galvaston County. Harris county start emmison test a long time ago but I did nto have to deal with it because I live in Galvaston county so I got to laugh at all those people. Harris county started doing it because well the air in Harris county sucks major ass. The other counntis started to test this june because of if they dont Houston (or Texas will) be loosing major money from the Fedral goverment as punishment for not cleaning up the air. I read in the paper the that like only like 10%-15% of the cars make over 90% of all the poplutoin done by cars in a years. And guess what those are the cars that fail emmisoin. Right now I am regesting not inspecting my car a month earily to get around emmions for an extra year. I was honstily surpised by my results. The unburt Hydrocarbs not as much since my car gass mileage has been rather low but the NO result suprised me and pissed me off because that gong ot cost me a crap load to fix (a stock Cat for me cost 700 like hell am I going ot pay that much) and those number where not extramly bad. Still I hate the damn test since it add like 30 min to inspections. oh and to all of you laughing right now enjoy it while you can. I willing to bet in the next few years almost everyone will be getting emmions testing in there area. I just hate how it add an extra 27 bucks to the inpectoin to have it done
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

WOW today really sucked! damn hurricane messed up my day. we got hit harder than corpus but i think port o coner got hit harder
Robpol86 (9:36:33 PM): roofs got ripped off
Robpol86 (9:36:55 PM): those traffic lites that r on that "L" pole thing, they got twisted around
Robpol86 (9:37:00 PM): like 90 degrees
Robpol86 (9:37:05 PM): all lights were down
Robpol86 (9:37:09 PM): traffic lites
Robpol86 (9:37:14 PM): brownouts
Robpol86 (9:37:15 PM): and blackouts
Robpol86 (9:37:20 PM): cable went out for most of the day
Robpol86 (9:37:32 PM): all the signes (like the big plasic ones) were on the ground
Robpol86 (9:37:37 PM): well it was kewl
Robpol86 (9:37:50 PM): oh yea, in my future NEW neighbordhood, trees were ripped off
Robpol86 (9:37:57 PM): and some houses lost their garage doors
Robpol86 (9:38:13 PM): and trampolenes were wrapped around trees 2 stories up
Robpol86 (9:38:29 PM): those stop signes w/ street names on them, they were waving like paper in the wind
Robpol86 (9:38:55 PM): oh yea
Robpol86 (9:39:03 PM): u know those traffic lites that r on poles?
Robpol86 (9:39:14 PM): like theres a pole and theres on screwed on the side?
Robpol86 (9:39:19 PM): like the "walk" ones
Robpol86 (9:39:25 PM): well, they were gone
Robpol86 (9:39:36 PM): all there was was that thing where the wires connected at
Robpol86 (9:39:43 PM): others were hanging by 1 wire
Robpol86 (9:40:06 PM): and those roofs for gas stations
Robpol86 (9:40:09 PM): some were on the ground
Robpol86 (9:40:24 PM): no skool or work 4 me 2day
Robpol86 (9:40:26 PM): and no skool 2morrow
Robpol86 (9:40:32 PM): since most traffic lites r gone
Robpol86 (9:40:50 PM): and there were some "road closed" signes that were thrown across the street
Robpol86 (9:41:22 PM): not even the shingles [on my house] were ripped off
Robpol86 (9:41:27 PM): but it looked bad ass
Robpol86 (9:41:31 PM): lol
Robpol86 (9:41:42 PM): it was badass
Robpol86 (9:42:28 PM): but, wat TOTALLY SUCKED is when i turned on my computer when the hurricane left, it fuked up
Robpol86 (9:42:42 PM): like when i started it, it loaded, then the screen went black and nothin happened
Robpol86 (9:42:48 PM): then i turned it off
Robpol86 (9:42:53 PM): went 2 go c the damges [in my town]
Robpol86 (9:42:55 PM): i came bak
Robpol86 (9:42:57 PM): started
Robpol86 (9:42:59 PM): it was ok
Robpol86 (9:43:04 PM): then i noticed i had no net
Robpol86 (9:43:07 PM): but every1 else did
Robpol86 (9:43:13 PM): then i noticed i had no nic...
Robpol86 (9:43:21 PM): then device manager said there was a prob startin the device...
Robpol86 (9:43:30 PM): so i had 2 move it down 2 my other pci slot
Robpol86 (9:43:35 PM): that pissed me off
Robpol86 (9:43:39 PM): it did that for no reason
Robpol86 (9:43:49 PM): and i noticed that all i got is 1 pci slot left
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I feel sorry for you man. I live in friendswood (25 miles south on I-45 from downtown houston) and all we got was rain. I rain pretty hard at like 3am today and it had quit rain completel by 1 o'clock. The weather people where very wrong on preidint this strom. it was origain intend to hit close to the very southen tip of the state. Corpas at one point had an extraly low chance of have it hit that area and galivaton had a 0% chance. In the end galviston and corpus both stood in the 30+% area.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

nah, nothing bad happened 2 my neighborhood. i live in this temporary house and were going2 build another house in my "future" neigbhorhood (luckily we didnt start building or it would b gone by now). in my neighborhood, all the houses look exactly the same. and theyre built fast (like a month). they seem cheap and crappy but theyre pretty stable. only bad thing was the brownouts and blackouts i was getting. i just ordered me a ups 2day. theres still some traffic lites that r damaged and not working but this town is repairing fast. sadly the building where i work at still has no power, so our customers have no internet and my page is down :roll:
MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

I've been getting these "weird" dreams everynight. Like I would be sleeping and all of a sudden flashing lights go through my windows. And then the windows disapear and I see funny green weird things. After I saw them they took me to their "ship" and stick some kind of needle in me. I then woke up on a table and theirs like 4 or 5 green things around me, sticking needles and suchion cups all around me. One says "We won't harm you aslong as you don't move. Well, I stood still, scared. And one of the green things then picked up a huge needle and sticked it into my arm. I then fell asleep. Thats the last thing I remember. Well when I woke up on my bed, I felt odd. All my bones were sore. I felt like I was "taken" somewhere. Is their something I can do to defend myself against these "dreams"?

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Axilla is the gayest person on this board.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Here is a rant... my right rear window pulley (it's an electronic pulley driven window) broke and it'll cost $284 dollars for a new one. No way I'm paying that much... I'm going to see if I can get one for cheaper but if not then my window will just have to stay up. At least it is the back window and not the passenger or drivers side. On a happy side note... I ordered some Pioneer speakers (4-ways 8)) a few days ago and they shipped off today, should be here soon.
:D
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

jester22c wrote:my right rear window pulley (it's an electronic pulley driven window) broke and it'll cost $284 dollars for a new one. No way I'm paying that much...
Couldn't you just goto a Car Junk yard and find one that works?

Or even better, a place around here which is called Cophers U-Pull It.

It's basically a junk yard for cars, but more organized. Things are alot cheaper since you have to bring your own tools and pull the parts out of cars yourself. On certain holidays they have Specials where it's "All You can Carry" for $29.95 -- Now that's a steal.

I'd suggest one of those places and see what you can find.
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

Try to beat this. My Pool Got a hole in it. It Happened because my "Genius" Dad, left the thermometer on the deck, it blew in over the winter, and the water on top of it froze. The Ice Pushed down on it right Through our liner :o . When My Dad was draining the pool the rest of the way, the aluminum around the edges cracked. So We Had To Buy New Aluminum and a Liner. We Got Some Frined over put it in, OK. After 1 week of it being filled up, our BRAND NEW Liner Ripped on the seam. The Only Thing that pisses me off, is that our Water bill was $300! Now We Have To Get A New Liner, which is covered by warranty, and fill it up again. :evil: :roll:
the_few_the_many369

Post by the_few_the_many369 »

FUCK FUCK FUCK, hey that feels better :D
Fucking ppl......