is there any way to find out who you're really talking to?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

lilmama
Just Registered
Just Registered

is there any way to find out who you're really talking to?

Post by lilmama »

I am getting threats from a screen name who claim to be someone I know, yet in person this person denies.And by the way, she has a history of lying..so is there any way i could find out a name..or address..or report this to anyone.It is driving me crazy.
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

Umm... Simply Blocking her would work.... and simply put... you can't find an address or name, unless she directly gave it to you.
unbioctium
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by unbioctium »

ask the online person something about when you saw "them" recently IRL, say "if you cant answer this i am going to report this screenname to the FBI for threats," which is completly valid and the FBI can and will trace it, and arrest the person for threatening you. maybe you should do it anyway, even if its not really that person, someone saying stuff like that isnt cool.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

No you can't find their name or address from talking to them on AIM. Just ignore the person online (not block... ignore, so they know you are online and ignoring them) and when they see that you aren't entertained or aggrevated (probably what they're going for) they will more than likely stop. The best way to deal with immature people is to stop fueling their nonsense by clearly demonstrating that you don't care :) Threatening them, etc, will only urge them on.
:D
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

yep thats a good way to handle it...I agree with jester

it's also fun to mess with people but don't threaten them
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"