Buddy info pops up after checking

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

fuuucckkers

Buddy info pops up after checking

Post by fuuucckkers »

Im not sure if this has been posted before..and this has been a problem for me since I started using AIM+... just havent really cared much..but its starting to bother me now. :evil:
But everytime I check someones info or their away message, and then hit close, the last person who I checked on.. their info box pops back up at random times. Anyone else having this problem? or is this an AIM+ bug or something..

Running Windows2000
AIM 4.8.2790
AIM+ 2.2.1 build 65
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Hmm I've never come across this before. To the best of my knowledge I'm running exactly what you listed. Win2K SP3, AIM 4.8 and the newest AIM+
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Im not sure what it could be.. i'll do some trial and error when I get home back on my regular computer .. it could be an AIM bug...or AIM+
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

wasted.... its not an AIM+ bug...

this has been a problem with me ever since i installed AIM..... lol, well, i dont think i had the prob on the older versions.

Im not sure exactly whats causing it..... but it could be turned right around into an exploit im guessing :wink:

ive been trying to figure it out for a long time, but i cant quite pinpoint it because the info pops up at random times after you look at it.

Im not doing anything specific to make it want to open either..... just for SOME reason aim wants to either send the request server again, OR (which makes a lil more sense) for some other reason, the AIM server is returning the info that was requested earlier AGAIN, and AIM just by default opens upp the info window again and displays the info being sent by the server.

Thats where the lil exploit idea comes in :P lol.....

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

So explain this exploit idea a little bit more..what exactly could you do with it ?? Maybe compromise the AIM servers or something? heh :wink:
That would be cool to see happen..