closes while attempting to check many folders (bad SFV)

Report problems you've encountered using hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

redbo0m

closes while attempting to check many folders (bad SFV)

Post by redbo0m »

so i was attempting to check a folder full of sfvs (375 to be exact), and it seems that hksfv just closes while attempting to do so.. could you tell me the limit, if there is one, on how much hksfv can handle? also, if it helps.. it was a total of 5663 files that it would check..thanks
'from my mouth to my ring all you see is BLING BLING!'
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

There's no practical limit.. I just checked a folder with 16,000 files (1400 SFVs). Takes a while for hkSFV to load all that up, but once it gets started it's fine.

If it just closes on its own, it sounds like it may be crashing. Maybe while loading one of the SFV's. We've heard rumors that hkSFV 2 crashes while checking some SFVs. You could use explorer to select half of the dirs/sfvs that you want to check, and try those, then the other half, etc.. see if you can find the SFV(s) that's giving hkSFV problems, I'd love to fix that.

Let me know what you find, I may not be right, this is just my best guess so far..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
redbo0m

Post by redbo0m »

you were right, it was just a bad sfv.. and from opening the sfv up and looking at it in notepad..its fairly easy to tell why hksfv has problems with it.. whoever/whatever made the sfv didnt space out the lines to where each line had the crc code and the file name..heres the first two lines..

01-2pac-i_get_around-atx.mp3 dcde394202-2pac-all_eyez_on_me-atx.mp3 16ba21e703-2pac-live_and_die_in_la-atx.mp3 ff8af2ca04-2pac-dear_moma-atx.mp3

thats exactly how it is.. nothing is on its on seperate line..when i correctly spaced it out and saved it..hksfv worked fine with it.. also..speaking of bugs,,heres one i notice..once i fixed the sfv and contiuned to check the 375 sfvs..i notice when i got up today that it was still doing it.. thats a good 5 hours to check it all.. so i left it running,, when i got home from school today,,it was still going at it..being the faithful hksfv user and alaways looking for bugs to help you.. i waited till it got to the end.. the program been going in loops..once it was completely done..it started all over again.. if you need anything else..just ask, i can send the faulty sfv too if youd like.. thanks for the great program..
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Can you e-mail the bad SFV to big-o (at) myrealbox (dot) com? Even if it's bad, hkSFV shouldn't crash/exit like that..

The infiinite looping is caused by the "AutoFindRenames" option. If you turn that off for now, you won't see it (you can still find renames by going to "Tools | Find Renames"). There seems to be a lot of different situations that can cause the auto-find-renames thing to think it should check again.. I need to make that code a bit smarter..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
redbo0m

Post by redbo0m »

email sent :D
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

fix0r'D
-Ryan