Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

Big-O's Bitch wrote:
SparkleSatine wrote:
Big-O's Bitch wrote: For future reference sentence is spelled s-e-n-t-e-n-c-e.
That's how I spelt it. Go re-read.
Hahaha... you edited your post and tried to play it off like you didn't say that! Hahahahaha...
Yeah, that's what I did, because I'm just THAT immature. There's just no way I'd ever, EVER, admit that I was wrong. Nope, not me!

But wait! If you read my posts, I ask for someone to tell me if I'm wrong...I ask for more information so I can be a person who knows what she's talking about when answering questions. So...no, I don't think that's what happened.
~Kate~
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Re: Guys rock

Post by Timelessblur »

xteq113 wrote:Guys I totally love your Aim+ software!! And fully support your desision. I just wish you would releash version 3

peace

xteq113 has the idea every one should be thinking that way and I agree with big-o-software. and agree with xteq113. I do wish for is releace but I not going to bitch bout it not be. I support Mark and Ryan
rashly

Post by rashly »

mark was just in a chat room and he cleared alot up. unfortunately, it doesnt look like aim+3 will ever be released. heres everything he said:

http://neenmo.com/aim+faq.html
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Re: Guys rock

Post by SparkleSatine »

Timelessblurr wrote:
xteq113 wrote:Guys I totally love your Aim+ software!! And fully support your desision. I just wish you would releash version 3

peace

xteq113 has the idea every one should be thinking that way and I agree with big-o-software. and agree with xteq113. I do wish for is releace but I not going to bitch bout it not be. I support Mark and Ryan
Agreed.
~Kate~
gus

Post by gus »

oh, and i love how noone is even commenting about me.. i guess its only the ones who create contriversy who get the attention(liveing proof of what i said b4)

nevermind.. i just now saw it..
of, and just cause i cant spell doesnt make me a moron does it? :) and theres no problem with asserting yourself... you just dont need to do it by hurling insults.. stop tryin to prove why the other person is wrong, and start proving why your right...
Last edited by gus on Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

gus wrote:oh, and i love how noone is even commenting about me.. i guess its only the ones who create contriversy who get the attention(liveing proof of what i said b4)
I responded to you! Scroll up...it may just have been hidden somewhere because of the sheer volume of posts right now. :lol: I did!
~Kate~
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

rashly wrote:mark was just in a chat room and he cleared alot up. unfortunately, it doesnt look like aim+3 will ever be released. heres everything he said:

http://neenmo.com/aim+faq.html
Thanks, Nashly!
~Kate~
CKeur
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by CKeur »

sounds like they were forced to not release or something bad would happen....that sucks

Mark/Ryan- any chance on making v. 2.2.1 open source :D ?
chaching
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by chaching »

well damnit. i hate to say it, but i need my AIM to be ad-free. even if that means leaving Big-O software for a while... :pissed: :extremlypissed: :-?
Big-O's [banned]

Post by Big-O's [banned] »

It doesn't matter if they make it open source, because THE SOFTWARE DOESN'T EXIST! They never made the deadline, they never added the new features... that's why it wasn't released, that's why making it open source wouldn't really do a whole lot.
vetius0991
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by vetius0991 »

Here I go...

1. Big-O should release the code for this program - by the sounds of it, AIM+ is no more. There are dozens or even hundreds of programers that view this board, many of which could work with the code. But what do i know?

2. I understand that we all have limited time in this world; if only there was another hour to each day, we would still find a way to fill it, thus neccessitating more time. So as per your other reason for ending this development...time...that's valid.

3. However - the new versions release was hyped by Big-O, after several months of long waiting by their users. If money was an issue, request some donations! If it was truly a matter of money, I'd throw 20 bucks your way, as I value AIM+, since I am a heavy AIM user.

But to have backed down from a release date is completely unprofessional, regardless of hacks or threats, (which I DO believe in this case) - there could have been something you could have done on that faithful date of Dec 11, such as redirect to a page that had a message, instead of leaving your hundreds or thousands of fans in the dark. People like hype, when the bust comes - they become angry. And I am not angry, please do not regard this post as one out of anger.

So in conclusion, I, of course, wish Ryan and Mark the best in this hectic world of limited time and set-backs; you'll come to realize that set-backs occur everyday, that time is lost, that people's work is destroyed by one selfish individual that ruins it for everyone - but in the end, the one who can ultimatley LEARN from the experience rather than close the door on it, is the one who has learned the game of life.

Thank you Ryan and Mark, thank you everyone who has posted on this forum, and perhaps something better will emerge from this some day.
earthdogg911

Post by earthdogg911 »

I'd just like to thank whoever mentioned DeadAIM in one of their posts. The only feature I was really looking for was tabbed windows and now that I see DeadAIM has the feature and DOES work with AIM5+ I have no other reason to visit this site. Goodbye
gus

Post by gus »

um.. everyone has asked for open source.... if its gonna happen, it doesnt need to be repeated 500 times.... sorry, it just gets to me how everyone wants to ask for open source... ive read every post in this thread... and im sure ryan and mark have too.. so they probably heard it already...
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

What is included in DeadAim? I went to the site, looked around, and downloaded/installed it, but nothing changed in my AIM...

Anyone have any idea what's wrong with it?
~Kate~
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

This is pathetic. So the phone calls and whatever are fine until after the release date? I don't think AIM+ 3.0 was ever even started, let alone near being finished. If these idiots harrass you, they probably will rather you release it or not.. so if it is made, why not just release it? You don't even have to post it on this site, send it out to other sites to post it. I've sat and checked this site 20 times a day since the 11th and now we all get this? This sucks..
www.cocky-jeremy.net - The Cockiest Place On The Net