Space Shuttle Columbia Lost?

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

That's at least their second one... they just had one a little bit ago, around 1:15 or so. Bush is gonna be talking relatively soon as his is scheduled for 2 pm Eastern.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by BigHead »

Watching it now
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I heard on the news that NASA actually EXPECTS something like this to happen 1 time in every 75 launches. With that logic this was expected a long time ago :-? . I guess Russia can get food up to the space station (its their job), and then there is the pods on the space station. I just thought it would be very bad to leave them stranded there, but since they are not it really is not a issue (yet anyways).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I'm wondering if I heard something correctly about one of the female members of this flight, the one from Wisconsin I think, being a backup to the teacher on the Challenger flight. If I heard this correctly, that is just an extremely scary connection.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

MoldyOldPie
Addict
Addict

Post by MoldyOldPie »

Moon Child wrote: If I heard this correctly, that is just an extremely scary connection.
Another connection that you could make is that this was the 113 flight and Apollo 13 was another. this is for all the superstitios people out there
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

ABC reports that the President's chief of staff was actually watching this on NASA-TV when it started... Talk about ironic.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Matt

Post by Matt »

I heard about this earlier...its a sad, sad thing. You people in Texas better watch out!
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Moon Child wrote:I'm wondering if I heard something correctly about one of the female members of this flight, the one from Wisconsin I think, being a backup to the teacher on the Challenger flight. If I heard this correctly, that is just an extremely scary connection.
That was actually another astronaut still waiting to go on a future space flight, she was not aboard the Columbia. It would definitely be a freaky coincidence if she were ...
-Mark
Big-O Software
MoldyOldPie
Addict
Addict

Post by MoldyOldPie »

has anyone seen anything new, i have been watching since 9:00 almost none stop and they keep on reapeating themselves i finally stoped watching and am mad at the news companies, NBC-three different shows in 1 1/2 hrs all with the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I am going to step out on a limb and say your our resident space person lol.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
MoldyOldPie
Addict
Addict

Post by MoldyOldPie »

PhaseAMD wrote:I am going to step out on a limb and say your our resident space person lol.
I will take that as a compliment. and also say that at one point the only channel that was covering this was a local channel that almost no one else but me noes exsistes and they were playing CNN (i don't have cable TV)
and also if you want to know i go on cnn.com every week and open up every article in the Space and tech section and read them all.
Edit: if anyone is as obsesed with Star Trek and space as me you might want to read this article:
NASA Science News for January 29, 2003

Forget antimatter and di-lithium crystals. The next hot rocket fuel is
candle wax!

FULL STORY at

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003 ... ?list86211
DuoDSG
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by DuoDSG »

At the main forum I posted at, I started a thread all about this and kept it going all morning...read throughout all the pages if you want to get really in-depth! :wow:

http://www.paintball-forum.com/forum/sh ... adid=19229

If you look at my website (www.hondahookup.net) you can see that I tried doing my part...
Stephanie is the hottest woman in the world :D

Check out my website!
XIII
Addict
Addict

Post by XIII »

Arg, now that this has happened, we are doing a bunch of essays in school about "Would you go into space now, knowing this happend?" and "Do you think we should just send robots into space, or keep sending people?"
Sighh...
Anarchy and Peace - Learn and Teach.
Kill the panda!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I hate when a teacher trys to involve current events into a class when they really can't, or don't know how to. If you want to have something like this part of your class you need to have a open discussion, not a essay. People learn better by saying what they feel anyways.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
MoldyOldPie
Addict
Addict

Post by MoldyOldPie »

PhaseAMD wrote:I hate when a teacher trys to involve current events into a class when they really can't, or don't know how to. If you want to have something like this part of your class you need to have a open discussion, not a essay. People learn better by saying what they feel anyways.
some people i know didn't know about it till i told them. the only thing we did at school was have a moment of silence and say how sad it was, i don't think my school is really into space