Space Shuttle Columbia Lost?

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I was on the bus and someone asked his gf why the flag was at half staff... I could not hold back... I just looked over at him and said "the space shuttle?". He was still dumbfounded.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Last night I happen to go by the Johnsan space center (I ate at fudrucker last night and it just past Space center) and I say the memore people have put up. It was very moving for just driving by it. Also TV can not do it justist because it a lot bigger than it looks on TV. It brought a tear to my eye.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Here's a nice little website I found with info about the shuttle program. It was exactly the stuff I was looking to read after the Columbia accident :(.

http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/res ... iters.html
-Mark
Big-O Software
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I think this part.. on their Test Articles page..
Enterprise, the first Space Shuttle Orbiter, was originally to be named Constitution (in honor of the U.S. Constitution's Bicentennial). However, viewers of the popular TV Science Fiction show Star Trek started a write-in campaign urging the White House to select the name Enterprise. Designated, OV-101,
MoldyOldPie
Addict
Addict

Post by MoldyOldPie »

whoa! thanks for that site. also i am currently reading a Star Trek book and there is this "secret ship" that starfleet/the federation has been building the captain was thinking of naming it the "constitution" but then the first officer tried to convince him to name it Enterprise because it was a technological marval, and so were the Enterprise aircraft carriers and the orrigional shuttle. the author must have gotten it from that. Book Title: Star Trek The Final Frontier (not the movie, compleatly different)