Looking for aimp3 or other winamp song aim profile streamer

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Darkfayt
Just Registered
Just Registered

Looking for aimp3 or other winamp song aim profile streamer

Post by Darkfayt »

Im looking for a program that will show the songs I am listening to in winamp on my aim profile. I know theres a program out there called aimp3 but I just cant find it :( someone help.
Xanatos
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Xanatos »

i know there is an AMIP for mirc, but I don't think there is one for aim. i don't think that its important either. i mean, what, you want other ppl to see what ur listening to?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Some people just have a need to have other people know what music they listen to. And it can tell a lot about a person (most people only listen to mp3s they like....).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Thyme
Addict
Addict

Post by Thyme »

If you're on broadband, you can install Apache and PHP and I can post my script to parse it.
Puns don't kill people. People kill people... usually with guns, knives, or something else physically threatening... puns just don't quite cut it... unlike knives, which cut a lot of things...
Punny Buddy Icons: assbuddy.tk
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I have broadband (at least thats what Time Warner likes to call their cable modems)... you should post the script
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

i made a simple php script and a thing that i run with AIM that writes the title and artist of the current song to a regular text file..... and all i did was made a page that inserted that text file into my html

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Logan 5

Post by Logan 5 »

let's see it !
Thyme
Addict
Addict

Post by Thyme »

You need to get the Info File Plugin version 2.0 for winamp3 to use this. Substitute D:/playingfile.txt for the infofile. My setup also has a link to download the song (i have my audio directory as the Apache root) and a link to my library which recurses and displays links. You can get rid of that crap pretty easily. I'm sure a lot of this isn't that effecient, but I just threw it together and since I'm lazy, well... you know the rest.

<?
$pf = file("D:/playingfile.txt");

$link=str_replace("file:D:\Audio","http://216.196.144.166:16669", $pf[11]);
$link=str_replace("\\","/",$link);
$link=str_replace(" ","%20",$link);
$link=substr($link,0,strlen($link)-1);

echo "<br><hr><u>New:</u><br><font size=\"-1\">";
echo "I'm listening to <b>$pf[3]</b> by <b>$pf[1]</b><br>Download it <a href=\"$link\">here</a>";
echo "</font><br><a href=\"http://216.196.144.166:16669/library.ph ... ary</a><br>";

?>

Oh I should also note that there is no AOL RTF formatting in this example beacuse it's called from my profile script that I house on my third party web server.
Puns don't kill people. People kill people... usually with guns, knives, or something else physically threatening... puns just don't quite cut it... unlike knives, which cut a lot of things...
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

On the note that Winamp3 is like 110% diffrent then Winamp2.80 (thanks to our good friends at AOL) the program crashes all the time and such and means that I personly will not use it. Does anyone have way to do it with Winamp2?

(I dont know if this sounds like I am being rude to you Thyme but that was not my intention (and it was not in any of my other posts if it seemed that way))

Edit: Did I mention that I hate spelling words?
Last edited by Anthony on Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

all ya need is a plugin that saves the currently playing song to a text.

this one is what i use:
http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/detai ... ntId=10248

and wether your usin php or asp, or cgi..... they all pretty much have SOME kind of #include file function...... so you could just write all your formatting before the include and it will format the text in the include file (your song) to however ya want it.

i have all my mp3's set up CORRECTLY with "artist - song.mp3" filenames (that was a pain and took forever), so i also have a link to download the currently playing song, but i just set up an ftp server with my collection.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Thyme
Addict
Addict

Post by Thyme »

The script and plugin I have strips out the artist name, title name, and tghe file name so you can manipulate it anyway you want.