Lycos (hotbot) search engine not listing...

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

tyrus1003
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by tyrus1003 »

This comment only relates slightly to the issue at hand... this site doesn not show up in searches of any of the Lycos network search engines (at least not in the top 30 results). I suspect that this is due either to how big the homepage is, or that the page has not been submitted to the Lycos networks. If it needs to be submitted, PLEASE submit it (hotbot it the engine i use the most and is powered by lycos). If the homepage is too big to show up in the top 30 results, you might want to consider programming a splash page so that the site loads faster.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

It seems our site is indexed by lycos. But it certainly doesn't come up (in the first set of results) on an "AIM+" search.

How this search engine works is beyond me, however - it seems that submitting an url to the search engine is only an option for people who pay them.. I didn't pay them, so obviously they spider the web on their own. Maybe they're confident that anything they can't find on their own isn't important...

Well, certainly there are reasons why people use Google. ;)

I don't know how I can increase my Lycos relavance.. if anybody has suggestions, I'll give 'em a shot..
-Ryan
Big-O Software