Confusion with how to clone

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Confusion with how to clone

Post by Big-O Mark »

There's been some mentions of confusion regarding cloning. I put a quick question and answer into the AIM+ FAQ, but I also want to put a more detailed explanation here.

To quote the FAQ, "To clone AIM, simply double click the AIM+ icon while you are already running AIM and AIM+. AIM+ will then create a clone of AIM and run it for you."

Basically, if you want to load a second Internet Explorer window, you double click the Internet Explorer icon. Same goes with MIRC, CuteFTP, and most other programs you'd want to load more than once. AIM wasn't designed with this in mind, so double clicking the AIM icon with a copy of AIM running simply brought up the buddy list. Now, with AIM+, you can load more than one copy of AIM! If you want to open a second copy of AIM, you do it the same way you open the first copy, by double clicking the AIM+ icon.

Hope this clears up any confusion :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
drmgrl32
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by drmgrl32 »

im having trouble cloning with AIM+......everytime i go to clone AIM it just goes back to the aim screen that i already have up....what should i do or what is wrong with my download?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

You have it in the settings that way it does not clone except for if you click clone (as opposed to clicking the AIM.exe).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
drmgrl32
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by drmgrl32 »

i have it set in my setting or prefences to allow cloning....i can open regular aim while i have one clone out but im told u can have more than one clone...but when i go to clone....the samething still happens
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

Are you goin to My Aim, then down to were it says clone or you just hitting the icon again.

:repeating pretty much what phase said:
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Perhaps not changing the proccess you use to clone the first one would help?

Maybe a bigger HD?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ