use buddy icon for history folders

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

frozendriveby
Just Registered
Just Registered

use buddy icon for history folders

Post by frozendriveby »

i think it would be a cool idea if you could make it so that when aim+ makes a folder for history they use the persons buddy icon as the folder icon.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Cool idea!
-Ryan
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Big-O Ryan wrote:Cool idea!
Yea it is, but can it be done?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Although the animated icons sometimes would make no sence with just one frame.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

aclauser wrote:Although the animated icons sometimes would make no sence with just one frame.
Yes, this is true..but even so, if it can be done, it would be pretty cool.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

It seems like it could be done with WindowsXP, I'm not sure about other OSes. WindowsXP allows you to assign an image to a folder (like it does when you rip a CD with WMP).
-Ryan
Big-O Software
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

yeah thats true Ryan and i thipnk thats good idea
tone
moc
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by moc »

Big-O Ryan wrote:It seems like it could be done with WindowsXP, I'm not sure about other OSes. WindowsXP allows you to assign an image to a folder (like it does when you rip a CD with WMP).
Actually, there has been a program from PC Magazine that does this since Windows 98 (or at least since Active Desktop came out):
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,57300,00.asp.
It's called Folder and lets you change any individual folder icon into something else. I've got a directory that has subdirectories for movies, mp3s, pictures, etc. and an icon is always nicer than finding the folder name in the list with the others. I used to use this before WinXP. I'm glad M$ finally got the hint.

I like this idea for AIM+. With the brain power of our boys at Big-O, I bet this could be a reality for AIM+ soon for all versions of Windows!
"Well, you can cram it with walnuts, ugly!"
-- Homer Simpson
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Active desktop .. yeah. But that is nothing more than a resource hog.
People with old computers wouldn't be able to use it. Even myself with 256MB of RAM will never use Active Desktop. Blah!
(Sorry about the pointless rant, but I felt I had to) :-?
moc
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by moc »

xWastedMindx wrote:Active desktop .. yeah. But that is nothing more than a resource hog.
People with old computers wouldn't be able to use it. Even myself with 256MB of RAM will never use Active Desktop. Blah!
No, I agree that Active Desktop is a hog. I'm not sure if you have to have it on, or just installed...not sure, I haven't used Win98 for a long time now. I like WinXP a lot more.
"Well, you can cram it with walnuts, ugly!"
-- Homer Simpson
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

moc wrote:
xWastedMindx wrote:Active desktop .. yeah. But that is nothing more than a resource hog.
No, I agree that Active Desktop is a hog. I'm not sure if you have to have it on, or just installed...not sure, I haven't used Win98 for a long time now. I like WinXP a lot more.
Active Desktop is NOT turned on by Default. And yes you have to have it on. But if you like XP even more.. hahahaha. Shame on you! XP is nothing more than a giant "theme" thrown upon Windows 2000/NT. Well they also added a whole bunch of extra features(bloatware) But any way you look at it MS OS's are Memory hogs altogether.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

xWastedMindx wrote:
moc wrote:
Active Desktop is NOT turned on by Default. And yes you have to have it on. But if you like XP even more.. hahahaha. Shame on you! XP is nothing more than a giant "theme" thrown upon Windows 2000/NT. Well they also added a whole bunch of extra features(bloatware) But any way you look at it MS OS's are Memory hogs altogether.
That also added the .NET architecture not included with previous versions of Windows, but it's not like you can't get it for 2k/98/etc.