aol stealing aim+ features?

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

ashtray
Addict
Addict

aol stealing aim+ features?

Post by ashtray »

i think the big question is when will aim start stealing features from aim+?? i think its kind of inevitable (or stupid not to, take your pick.) i would think that if aol saw nothing more than the frequency of posts on this board, they would want to start implementing the features that everyone here is so friggin excited about. or maybe aol is trying to not make people happy.... :roll:
please stop. now.
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

Good Jack Handy quote. And good point bout Aol copying the features, but i think they're satisfied with not making people happy.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

The IM market is not very big right now. Companies dont want to implement all those features into their IM program..mainly because there is such a strong "add-on" market. All people have to do is go find add-ons ..like AIM+ :P
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

Dice599 wrote:.......but i think they're satisfied with not making people happy.

hahahaha.... :lol: dahm... good point :wink:

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
BomBoi

Post by BomBoi »

But then about other things like trillian aren't they getting sue right now ? how is big o soft ware not when they'r tweaking with aim ?
The 2489th member to join !
AMD 1.1 ghz
384 ram
40 gig
GForce 2 mx (32m)
Aureal Vortex 2
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

BomBoi wrote:But then about other things like trillian aren't they getting sue right now ? how is big o soft ware not when they'r tweaking with aim ?
I don't quite get what you're asking here. Are you asking why isn't Big-O getting sued?
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
ibetheone

Post by ibetheone »

Well either aol is taking people ideas, or they finally started listening to users of aim and what they want. Today while in reshacker I was looking at the aim 5.1 and I found 2 or more pics for a new log manager aol has in store for aim, these were the 2 worth taking a look at ImageImage
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

... Not new... Not at all...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

plasma2002b showed us those a while ago.... i still dont see why they arent using the log yet if its all in place :/
ashtray
Addict
Addict

Post by ashtray »

ibetheone wrote:Well either aol is taking people ideas, or they finally started listening to users of aim and what they want. Today while in reshacker I was looking at the aim 5.1 and I found 2 or more pics for a new log manager aol has in store for aim....
is there anyway that someone could alter aim 5.0 to take advantage of this. or even better, make it so that aim+ 3.0 is interoperable with it, it might save some code...
please stop. now.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

jimmyd00gan wrote: is there anyway that someone could alter aim 5.0 to take advantage of this. or even better, make it so that aim+ 3.0 is interoperable with it, it might save some code...

no... nope.... and no way.

if ya search through the forums (can anybody link it please), then theres a lot of talk about that old log manager.

basically, it only worked on an old version of AIM, and there was ways to make AIM log, but it was extremely unreliable, and if you tried to open the dialog, it crashed on ya.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
ashtray
Addict
Addict

Post by ashtray »

aol is so pathetic. they make millions of dollars and can't or don't implement a logger...
please stop. now.
SarCaSM
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by SarCaSM »

skudz wrote:plasma2002b showed us those a while ago.... i still dont see why they arent using the log yet if its all in place :/
They use the logging feature in alphas. They "take it out" for betas and finals. There was an alpha that was leaked a while back (like years ago, so yea its definately not new) and in it was the logging feature also.
sn0n
Addict
Addict

Post by sn0n »

aim 4.4.2286 has logging.. look for it over on www.google.com or aimfiles.com
bigjesse

Post by bigjesse »

couldnt you just edit aim and put a link to the log manager, or it isnt totally funtional? the form is there