Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

-Ryan
Big-O Software
Matt

Post by Matt »

Plasma2002b wrote:kooltab.... actualy i think he was talking about what i did exactly.......

id point to the topic, but it was deleted
ah...gotcha...sry about that
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I am seeing some more moderators around the site (aclauser, dadink13,...). Were they added for the new OT forums?
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

Big-O Mark wrote:
DADINK13 wrote: 1) Will our post counts be counted for posting in OT forums since there isn't much going on in the other forums?
2) Who will moderate the new forums?
Dice599 wrote:3.) When will the forums open up.
1. For now, post counts will not be affected in any of the OT forums.
2. We have our 3 current moderators, DADINK13 has accepted an invitation to be a new moderator (congrats!), and we have invited one more user to be a new moderator (he hasn't been online yet, so we're not sure of his decision). There will be a total of 5 OT moderators as well as Ryan and myself.
3. The new forums will open up as soon as we have the moderator team in place.
And you can read more in this thread:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=2537
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

There are currently 5 mods:
aclauser (could you tell?)
DADINK13
jester22c
KooLTaB101
xWastedMindX
+ Mark
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

aclauser wrote:There are currently 5 mods:
aclauser (could you tell?)
DADINK13
jester22c
KooLTaB101
xWastedMindX
+ Mark
You forgot Ryan.
Official Beta Tester

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Actually I did not forget Ryan. I just left him out because I did not know Ryan was part of the "Moderators" group since there is no need :-? .
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

But Ryan is part of the Mod group? I'm confused as to what you mean. :-?
Official Beta Tester

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Dice599 wrote:But Ryan is part of the Mod group? I'm confused as to what you mean. :-?
There is only 1 group: Moderators.
Mark/Ryan just have higher powers than us.
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

Then why did Anthony leave him out? I'm still confused.
Official Beta Tester

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Dice599 wrote:Then why did Anthony leave him out? I'm still confused.
I have no idea.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

My guess is because Mark in essense is the major moderator of the forums. If you notice, Mark's here all the time, interacting and posting with all of us. Mark and Ryan do seem to be collaborating over forum issues, but at least to me it seems that Mark is the one who takes care of it. Mark was the one who recruitted myself as one of the new mods, and in our "Moderators" group, Mark (not Ryan) is the one who moderates the group.

Anyone else understand what I mean?

EDIT: While Ryan does post here quite a bit, I tend to see Mark check in with the forums a bit more often than Ryan does.
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

DADINK13 wrote:
My guess is because Mark in essense is the major moderator of the forums. If you notice, Mark's here all the time, interacting and posting with all of us. Mark and Ryan do seem to be collaborating over forum issues, but at least to me it seems that Mark is the one who takes care of it. Mark was the one who recruitted myself as one of the new mods, and in our "Moderators" group, Mark (not Ryan) is the one who moderates the group.

Anyone else understand what I mean?

EDIT: While Ryan does post here quite a bit, I tend to see Mark check in with the forums a bit more often than Ryan does.
I think I understand...While Ryan is listed as a Moderator under all the forums, his rank is 'Developer' and not Moderator. Is that what you mean?
Official Beta Tester

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Dice599 wrote:I think I understand...While Ryan is listed as a Moderator under all the forums, his rank is 'Developer' and not Moderator. Is that what you mean?
I was getting at something like that. I guess you could say that Mark is the (using Plasma's lingo) "Keeper of the Board." The other mods and myself are more like the "Keepers of the Sanity."

Ryan just makes cool stuff..lol..explaining the "Developer" rank he has. He does also have administrative control over these boards--just like Mark does. He has just as much power as Mark does, but Mark appears to be the one who's been delegated the head moderator.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

That's because Mark is the Website dude. He developed and maintains the Big-O-Software.com domain, and message boards.

While Ryan on the other hand is strictly the programmer behind our nice applications. :P